Change file date in info panel and autorefresh

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
ale

Change file date in info panel and autorefresh

Post by ale »

I'm trying to change date and time properties of a file using the options in the info panel, but this is not really possible because as soon as I click on the fields, a moment after, before making real changes, "changes" are auto committed. Now I think the problem is: in the same folder, there's another different big file being slowly downloaded from the internet, this file is being written on the disk, the file size of this file slowly increases and you can see that each "refresh" of the list, is exactly when changes at IP are autocommitted. A few days ago I also had a problem of autocommitting changes with rename (F2) but I can't really reproduce it now :(

EDIT:

Well, another thing a bit puzzling (I'm a simple user) to my eyes is: the file being downloaded is changing (let's call it A), so ok, its size increases and its "last accessed" time is costantly updating. Besides this file, in the folder there's another big file (let's call it B), which was already there and is a static file on disk, now if I select this second static file B, its "last accessed" date costantly changes too!. If I select any other file in the folder its "last accessed" timestamp does not change, but for B it starts ticking. Procmon shows readfile operations by XYplorer like Offset: 0, Length: 2; Offset: 60, Length: 4; Offset: 248, Length: 64 and so on
I don't know if this observation is useful or not. OS is Windows XP Professional SP3 and XYplorer is 9.70.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Change file date in info panel and autorefresh

Post by admin »

Check out menu View / Suspend Auto-Refresh.

The "last accessed" date is set by the system. XY just reports it.