Go Home wipes column layout for all modes other than Browse

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Mesh

Go Home wipes column layout for all modes other than Browse

Post by Mesh »

Discovered in v9.50.0104, the "Go Home" function, when executed, wipes the column layout for all modes other than browse (e.g. Find, Recycler), and replaces it with the column layout of the browse mode.

For that matter, I must say I was surprised to see that "Home" wasn't listed on the Go pulldown menu. But that's a seperate matter entirely. :)

Edit: This bug is *also* connected to the "Remember List Settings per Tab" feature.

Demset

Re: Go Home wipes column layout for all modes other than Browse

Post by Demset »

Confirmed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cannot reproduce. :? Please describe again.

Mesh

Post by Mesh »

admin wrote:Cannot reproduce. :? Please describe again.
Try setting up a different set of columns for Browse and either Find or Recycler mode. With "Remember List Settings per Tab" disabled, if you use the Go Home command (I use it by KB), the next time you go into Find or Recycler mode, the different column layout will no longer be there, and it will be the same set of columns you use for Browse mode.

If "Remember List Settings per Tab" is enabled, then the column set is preserved when you use the Go Home function.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mesh wrote:
admin wrote:Cannot reproduce. :? Please describe again.
Try setting up a different set of columns for Browse and either Find or Recycler mode. With "Remember List Settings per Tab" disabled, if you use the Go Home command (I use it by KB), the next time you go into Find or Recycler mode, the different column layout will no longer be there, and it will be the same set of columns you use for Browse mode.

If "Remember List Settings per Tab" is enabled, then the column set is preserved when you use the Go Home function.
No. :|

Mesh

Post by Mesh »

Okay, two more things:

1. Find files must be set to show results on the Current Tab.

2. The settings are wiped when you execute the Go Home function *from* the other modes (e.g. Find or Recycler). In other words, do a search (or hit Ctrl-F3), and with the search results in the current tab, hit Alt-Home). Then do another search and see.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Which version are you using?

Mesh

Post by Mesh »

9.50.0104 was the latest version available when I first posted this issue. When you told me you couldn't duplicate it, I tried it with 0106 and the problem was still there. However, I just checked 0109, and the problem is gone. So perhaps you fixed this bug in your sleep? :)

Thank you, regardless!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mesh wrote:9.50.0104 was the latest version available when I first posted this issue. When you told me you couldn't duplicate it, I tried it with 0106 and the problem was still there. However, I just checked 0109, and the problem is gone. So perhaps you fixed this bug in your sleep? :)

Thank you, regardless!
Well, although I never was able to repro it I fixed something in 9.50.0109 that *looked* like a bug. Digital intuition... :)

Mesh

Post by Mesh »

admin wrote:
Well, although I never was able to repro it I fixed something in 9.50.0109 that *looked* like a bug. Digital intuition... :)

You could always fire up a build of 0104 or 0106 if you want to see what it looks like. :)