Clicking on folders in list and tree does nothing

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
CyGho

Clicking on folders in list and tree does nothing

Post by CyGho »

Double clicking on folders and drives in XY doesn't open them anymore. In Windows Explorer works as usual. Activating XY as default file manager and disabling again doesn't solve it. I'm using version 8.90.0005 on Windows 7 64 bits.
Software: should we be aware because it's soft ? I like to think not !

admin
Site Admin

Re: Clicking on folders in list and tree does nothing

Post by admin »

Sounds extreme. Is this still the case? Can you repro it with a fresh installation?

CyGho

Post by CyGho »

I downloaded a fresh copy of XY (Installer Package) and installed it. All good. So i downloaded a Portable Package (witch i normally use, also with betas), unpacked it in a new folder, all good.

Copied all the datfiles and xyplorer.ini to the new folder, all good.

I renamed the new xyplorer folder to the same name as the old folder i used (renamed that one first to _old) and bingo, the folder-clicking stopped working. Renamed it back to the new name and it worked again. So it has something to do with the folder name that i used to use for xyplorer.
So it has to be something in my system i think.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

CyGho wrote:I downloaded a fresh copy of XY (Installer Package) and installed it. All good. So i downloaded a Portable Package (witch i normally use, also with betas), unpacked it in a new folder, all good.

Copied all the datfiles and xyplorer.ini to the new folder, all good.

I renamed the new xyplorer folder to the same name as the old folder i used (renamed that one first to _old) and bingo, the folder-clicking stopped working. Renamed it back to the new name and it worked again. So it has something to do with the folder name that i used to use for xyplorer.
So it has to be something in my system i think.
What is that name?

CyGho

Post by CyGho »

I always had xyplorer in a folder on my D drive in D:\Programs\Utilities\XYplorer\

But the problem wasn't fixed with just another folder name it seems. Later on also the other folder name gave the same problem. At first it looked like that it depended from where xy is launched (i use pstart for it (http://www.pegtop.net/) and when i deleted the xy item and recreated it, it worked. But later it didn't. It couldn't be a random thing.
I had 8.90.0006 working, i upgraded to 8.90.0010 ant the problem is back.

After trying several things i think i narrowed it down to sandbox of my security program (Comodo Internet Security). I switched the sandbox of (allthough xy isn't running in the sandbox and is marked as a safe program of cource) and xy is working. Every time before, with the the sandbox active, xy stops reacting on clicking folders. I haven't noticed this behavior with any other program. If it stays like this, i will report this as a bug in the Comodo forum.

Will keep you up to date if anything changes. For now, sorry for your time, it's not xy's fault it seems ;)