XYplorer 8.9 Shell Intergration - bug

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
dc310

Re: XYplorer 8.9 Shell Intergration - bug

Post by dc310 »

Well this feature is definitely broken for me. I can enable shell integration but I cannot dis-able it through the Configuration option in XYPlorer.

* I uninstalled XYPlorer and cleaned all salient registry keys.
* Reboot reinstall. Do NOT launch from installer. Reboot for good measure.
* Fire up XYPlorer. F9. Select "XYPlorer" in shell context menu and "XYPlorer is the default file manager" Get a message: "You need admin rights to change this setting". Hhmmm.
* Exit XYPlorer. Right click XYPlorer select "run as admin". I can now select the F9 shell options. Exit.
* Run XYPlorer as a normal user.

However I can no longer un-select any of the two shell integration options. I just get the "you need admin rights to change this setting" message. Regardless if I run it as admin or not.

I'm just going to chalk it up to all the security software they have installed on our machines. I'll give the shell integration feature a go. If I don't like it I've got the registry keys to delete now to get back to normal Windows 7 operation.

Now onto testing the other features of XYplorer... only 10 days left for my decision.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

dc310 wrote:Well this feature is definitely broken for me. I can enable shell integration but I cannot dis-able it through the Configuration option in XYPlorer.

* I uninstalled XYPlorer and cleaned all salient registry keys.
* Reboot reinstall. Do NOT launch from installer. Reboot for good measure.
* Fire up XYPlorer. F9. Select "XYPlorer" in shell context menu and "XYPlorer is the default file manager" Get a message: "You need admin rights to change this setting". Hhmmm.
* Exit XYPlorer. Right click XYPlorer select "run as admin". I can now select the F9 shell options. Exit.
* Run XYPlorer as a normal user.

However I can no longer un-select any of the two shell integration options. I just get the "you need admin rights to change this setting" message. Regardless if I run it as admin or not.

I'm just going to chalk it up to all the security software they have installed on our machines. I'll give the shell integration feature a go. If I don't like it I've got the registry keys to delete now to get back to normal Windows 7 operation.

Now onto testing the other features of XYplorer... only 10 days left for my decision.
Thanks for the report. This means that running XY from the installer was NOT the cause of the problem, so I can re-show that "Run XYplorer" checkbox, good.

OTOH, I can see from your report that you are still working with 8.90.0000, so it may well be that the issue is fixed in the current BETA version. I will send you a link to it via Private Message here in the forum.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

zer0 wrote:
admin wrote:Therefore I now forbid running XY from the installer.
Would you please be kind enough to add an installer switch that would install silently and launch XYplorer? This is because I always launch XYplorer straight away and then restart it -- so I can get rid of that "...upgrade from v.8.90......" message in the title bar (yep, I don't like it that much :P)
Actually there has always been a silent switch, namely /S (capital S):
XYplorer_8.90_Install.exe /S
You'll only the welcome message, the rest is silence.

EDIT: Next BETA even the welcome message is silent.

calude

Post by calude »

Hi

in win7 32 xyplorer

when I run desk.cpl, xyplorer opens instead of the usual windows display settings,
and then you have to cont-alt-del to leave or close the xyplorer window.

same problem shell integration on or off

sorry my English is very bad today

have a nice evening

Calude

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

calude wrote:Hi

in win7 32 xyplorer

when I run desk.cpl, xyplorer opens instead of the usual windows display settings,
and then you have to cont-alt-del to leave or close the xyplorer window.

same problem shell integration on or off

sorry my English is very bad today

have a nice evening

Calude
Cannot reproduce this with 9.00. Sounds like a bug of 8.90 which is fixed now.

But I just see that you got help here:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 421#p45421