Video Snapshot

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Looker

Video Snapshot

Post by Looker »

When I use the Snapshot tool a black screenshot is saved to the Clipboard. It doesn't matter what type of video file the snapshot is taken from. All Clipboard snapshots are black (no image).

System Info:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Version: Service Pack 2
Model Number: Compaq Presario X1000
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1300MHz
CPU Speed: 595 MHz
RAM: 512 MB

admin
Site Admin

Re: Video Snapshot

Post by admin »

Looker wrote:When I use the Snapshot tool a black screenshot is saved to the Clipboard.
You have to adjust hardware acceleration:

In Windows XP and 2000:
Right-click on desktop
Select Properties->Settings->Advanced->Troubleshoot
Then set the hardware acceleration slider to the third notch (from left) and apply the changes.
Computer Restart not required.

Looker

Video Snapshot

Post by Looker »

Thanks for the quick reply. It worked :!: :)

There is one more issue with the Snapshot feature I didn't mention in my original 'bug' report: XYplorer saves two copies (duplicates) of a snapshot to Clipboard Recorder instead of one.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Video Snapshot

Post by admin »

Looker wrote:There is one more issue with the Snapshot feature I didn't mention in my original 'bug' report: XYplorer saves two copies (duplicates) of a snapshot to Clipboard Recorder instead of one.
Aha, interesting! In fact I'm setting the Bitmap and the DIB-Bitmap at the same time, and your Clipboard Recorder counts that as two. I do this to have 100% control over the clipboard contents. If I copy the Bitmap only, other apps like ACDSee still control the DIB-Bitmap which is used by e.g. Photoshop for pasting. Other apps use Bitmap for paste, so to be 100% safe I have to copy both.

Looker

Video Snapshot

Post by Looker »

Okay. No problem. 8) Thought it might've been a glitch with XYplorer and/or Clipboard Recorder.

Thanks.