Toolbar dropdown flaws

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Toolbar dropdown flaws

Post by admin »

zer0 wrote:There's still a little niggle -- if you have time to attend to it :wink: -- regarding an overflow chevron being able to cut off a part of left-most TB icon -- when resizing XY window manually -- as per screenshot attached
tb_overflow.png
This is by design. How else should I do it?

EDIT: well ok, maybe I should hide the button completely in that case.

aimy

Post by aimy »

i don't like this feature.

how do i turn it off please? :(

Thank you.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

aimy wrote:i don't like this feature.

Thank you.
Which feature do you mean? :?
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

aimy

Post by aimy »

zer0 wrote:
aimy wrote:i don't like this feature.

Thank you.
Which feature do you mean? :?
The dropdown toolbar.. Coz I want everything to show up.

Plus I don't like to see the Address Bar is not the same length with the left tree navigation.. :|

So, can I set this dropdown toolbar feature off anywhere? :D

Thank you...

zer0

Post by zer0 »

Code: Select all

v8.80.0326 - 2010-03-02 20:06
    * Address Bar and other controls that might share a row with the 
      Toolbar: Now their minimal width defaults to 400 pixels -- we have 
      the space now because we have the overflow dropdown!
      You can tweak this number in the INI file under this key:
        ToolbarKeepOff=400
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

aimy

Post by aimy »

zer0 wrote:

Code: Select all

v8.80.0326 - 2010-03-02 20:06
    * Address Bar and other controls that might share a row with the 
      Toolbar: Now their minimal width defaults to 400 pixels -- we have 
      the space now because we have the overflow dropdown!
      You can tweak this number in the INI file under this key:
        ToolbarKeepOff=400
Thanks for your assistance.

But sadly.. When I tried to change it at my home PC, it crashes XYplorer and turned into a black terrifying screen, :(

Then I check all my scripts are gone, :cry: :cry: :cry:

But just now I tried it on my office, it works well without any hassle.

Do you have any idea why is that so?

By the way, the one major difference I noticed is that, at my home, there is one extra folder called DATA and it seems that all my settings and configurations are kept there.

Please help.

Thank you.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

...and both your installations use the same OS and XY ver?

There have been some changes in the way XY is installed by default, in order to solve several problems with Vista/Win7 UAC.
So check the relevant topics. (searching for UAC or checking the changelog for the beta versions might help)

Re your scripts, I assume they haven't been lost, but rather XY is looking for them in the wrong place due to the changes mentioned above.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

aimy

Post by aimy »

RalphM wrote:...and both your installations use the same OS and XY ver?

There have been some changes in the way XY is installed by default, in order to solve several problems with Vista/Win7 UAC.
So check the relevant topics. (searching for UAC or checking the changelog for the beta versions might help)

Re your scripts, I assume they haven't been lost, but rather XY is looking for them in the wrong place due to the changes mentioned above.
Yep. Exactly. Both are the latest version 9.0 and running on Windows XP SP2.

The only difference might be due to installation. Coz sometimes I use the XYplorer installer but most of the times, I just extract the new files to the installation directory.

As for my script, I've searched for the file content (my script should have "Innov8" as the name) but to no avail.. :(

Thanks.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

aimy wrote:Yep. Exactly. Both are the latest version 9.0 and running on Windows XP SP2.

The only difference might be due to installation. Coz sometimes I use the XYplorer installer but most of the times, I just extract the new files to the installation directory.

As for my script, I've searched for the file content (my script should have "Innov8" as the name) but to no avail.. :(
Latest 9.0 is a bit more info but still not saying, whether you're using latest official (v9.00.0000) or latest beta version (v9.00.0010).
Well, this shouldn't matter in this case, but being as specific as possible might help with future attempts to help.

Using the installer does a couple more things than just extracting the new exe, so this might be the culprit of your different installations.
Did you check out the changelog regarding UAC issues? Some of the installer versions created in that period might have copied your settings to a different folder...

Where did you search for your script? In ...Documents and Settings...too?
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

aimy

Post by aimy »

RalphM wrote:Latest 9.0 is a bit more info but still not saying, whether you're using latest official (v9.00.0000) or latest beta version (v9.00.0010).
Well, this shouldn't matter in this case, but being as specific as possible might help with future attempts to help.

Using the installer does a couple more things than just extracting the new exe, so this might be the culprit of your different installations.
Did you check out the changelog regarding UAC issues? Some of the installer versions created in that period might have copied your settings to a different folder...

Where did you search for your script? In ...Documents and Settings...too?
OK here's the screenshot...

The 1st one, after I edit the XYplorer.ini, then I restart XYplorer.. this is what happened...

When I maximized the window.. it comes like this..

I have a feeling that this is due to the monitor resolution perhaps? The one I'm using at home is the 16:10 widescreen, whereas at my office, is the standard 4:3 LCD.

Anyway, what really wondering me is that.. When I copy over again the initial XYplorer.ini back in place, it comes normal again.

So, it seems that the problem directly impacted by the changing of that particular ToolbarKeepOff=400 to ToolbarKeepOff=200

Anyone?

Thank you.

p/s: Both place I'm using the latest version XYplorer 9.00.0010 as available from the XYplorer homepage: http://www.xyplorer.com/download.htm

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Look at this post:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... it=unicode

I suspect it's because the editor you use does not save in UTF-16 format.

I thought Don had sorted this out, but it looks as if that is not the case.

aimy

Post by aimy »

Gandolf wrote:Look at this post:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... it=unicode

I suspect it's because the editor you use does not save in UTF-16 format.

I thought Don had sorted this out, but it looks as if that is not the case.
Thanks for the idea.

It might be the cause. Coz by chance it happens that I use a different editor at my office.. :D

Yeah.. I just tried it.. You are so right!!

Thanks Gan.. 8)

aimy

Post by aimy »

Anyway.. For the sake of understanding..

What's so special about that UTF-16? :D

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

aimy wrote:Anyway.. For the sake of understanding..

What's so special about that UTF-16? :D

Thanks.
I also was quite sure that I have sorted this UTF-16 thing out. Can you send me one of those non-working INI files by email (see http://www.xyplorer.com/contact.htm), so I can check why they do not read as supposed to.