Sorting order

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Creat

Sorting order

Post by Creat »

I'm not entirely sure in which part of the forum to post this, could be considered a bug and could be intentional, anyway here we go:
Sorting is not consistent. When you click any of the headers (Name, Ext, Size, ...) it sorts folders first and then the files ascending. Not so much with the date fields, if I click on them folders get sorted last and the files are in descending order. This is quite unfortunate since I have to switch it often since XYplorer doesn't remember folder settings and a doubleclick doesn't work to make this faster (I assume you don't use mouse up but mouse button pressed events there or something, which is usualy better suited for seomething like this).

could you just change the initial sort order to ascending on date-based colums?

bye
Creat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Sorting order

Post by admin »

Creat wrote:I'm not entirely sure in which part of the forum to post this, could be considered a bug and could be intentional...
It's definitely intentional. I'm always more interested in the youngest files, so I made it this way. You are the first to complain. I guess you'd like it configurable, right? :wink:

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:It's definitely intentional. I'm always more interested in the youngest files, so I made it this way. You are the first to complain. I guess you'd like it configurable, right? :wink:
Speaking of sort order, how about changing the default order for Size; cause when I use it I'm always more interrested in the biggest files, so it would save me a click ;)

Creat

Post by Creat »

admin wrote:I guess you'd like it configurable, right?
oh yay, that would be wonderful :D

bye
Creat

Creat

Post by Creat »

well actually another related question: why don't you just always keep the folders on top? thinking about it is it the only thing that's actually annoying me about it... (not that having it configureable wouldn't solve my problem, I actually think that's great in any case)

bye
Creat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Creat wrote:well actually another related question: why don't you just always keep the folders on top?
That would be horrible! Very rarely I'm interested in folders. Most of the time I want to see the youngest file on top.