History list partially lost

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Gandolf

History list partially lost

Post by Gandolf »

History list has (for example) 18 entries.
Entry no.6 is selected - folder is opened. History list still has 18 entries and no.6 is checked.
Go to Favourites and select a folder that is not in the history list - Folder is opened.
Go to history list - IT NOW HAS ONLY 7 ENTRIES!!!! Everything in the history after no.6 has gone and the last folder visited is at the top of the history list (no.7)
It doesn't make any difference what the setting of "history without duplicates" is.

admin
Site Admin

Re: History list partially lost

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:It doesn't make any difference what the setting of "history without duplicates" is.
Oh yes, this is a bug. It should not happen when "history without duplicates" is checked. This is a second implication of this option which I did not mention yet:

Code: Select all

- When your current history position is somewhere in the past and 
        you then surf to a new location the "previous future" is not 
        discarded but shifted down one position.
With the default history setting this behavior is logical standard: when you go back to the past and then fork into a new future the old future is lost.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

History all looks good now.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:History all looks good now.
Yes, indeed. And "without duplicates" is my personal standard setting now, so mpt23px02 really changed my mind!

mpt23px02

Post by mpt23px02 »

admin wrote:And "without duplicates" is my personal standard setting now, so mpt23px02 really changed my mind!
:!: :!: :lol: :D