Unavailable drive and icon glitch

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
ale

Unavailable drive and icon glitch

Post by ale »

I have a (minor) issue with an USB hard drive in a locked tab and its icon, basically its icon doesn't seem to refresh when the drive is turned on and thus available again. It's not easy for me to test it deeply so for convenience I used the free BestCrypt Traveller to have a small drive to mount and unmount at will. I think what I see with the BestCrypt drive is a similar issue I have with the real drive.

Example of the issue:
1. I create a small volume and mount it as drive E:
2. Unmount drive E:, it's correctly shown as not available in XYplorer
3. If now I remount the drive as E:, the content is Ok and is usable but the icons are not refreshed upon availability as shown in the screenshot, it would be nice if they were immediately refreshed.

Edit: testing further
if I shut down XYplorer with the E: drive mounted, then unmount it and then start XYplorer again and finally mount the drive now the icon with the question mark is both in the tab and in the tree and clicking around doesn't bring it back, the only way to have it back is restart XYplorer. This is the same issue I have with the real USB drive.
Attachments
2009-09-22_150513.png
2009-09-22_150513.png (20.42 KiB) Viewed 1189 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Unavailable drive and icon glitch

Post by admin »

Thanks, I'll check that...

ale

Post by ale »

admin wrote:Thanks, I'll check that...
Hello, I read this in the changelog
! Tree and Tabs: Sometimes when a removable drive got (un)available
the drive's icon in Tree or Tabs did not match the new state.
Fixed.
I guess it's related to this glitch? First of all as always thanks for looking into it. As a feedback I tested v8.40.0109 and to tell the truth if it's meant to have a fix I didn't notice improvements, I also did more tests with an USB flash drive and found the same behaviour. Maybe I didn't explain well in the first message but the glitch is evident with the minitree turned on and with a locked tab to the drive. I don't know if it just happens to me and if it is an unavoidable side effect of using the minitree instead of the full tree.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ale wrote:
admin wrote:Thanks, I'll check that...
Hello, I read this in the changelog
! Tree and Tabs: Sometimes when a removable drive got (un)available
the drive's icon in Tree or Tabs did not match the new state.
Fixed.
I guess it's related to this glitch? First of all as always thanks for looking into it. As a feedback I tested v8.40.0109 and to tell the truth if it's meant to have a fix I didn't notice improvements, I also did more tests with an USB flash drive and found the same behaviour. Maybe I didn't explain well in the first message but the glitch is evident with the minitree turned on and with a locked tab to the drive. I don't know if it just happens to me and if it is an unavoidable side effect of using the minitree instead of the full tree.
It works ok here with MiniTree and Auto-Refresh on. Did not try locked tab though. I have to postpone further tests to a later time though...

ale

Post by ale »

admin wrote:It works ok here with MiniTree and Auto-Refresh on. Did not try locked tab though. I have to postpone further tests to a later time though...
Ok, absolutely no problem for me, I just felt to report it then of course you decide the best way and timeline to see and eventually fix things :)