Position in list after delete/move

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
jacky
XYwiki Master

Position in list after delete/move

Post by jacky »

Hi,

I think this is a bug, or at least doesn't work the way it should. ATM when we delete files, didn't actually tried but should be the same with moving, TV3 remembers which line we were on and, after the refresh, get us back on that line.

I think it should do that, but get us back on the first of the selected lines.
So if I select from line a to line b (with, for example, b=a+50) and delete the files, once it's done I should be back on line a which will show the file that actually used to be on line b+1. That way we didn't moved in the filelist.
Right now we got on line b, so in that case 50 lines below where we used to be.

I know this was the easy case, select a block from line a to line b, which isn't always the case. But like it is now we always end up somewhere we don't really know where, as files are removed but TV3 keeps the same line number in mind.

Or, another (better) idea, you could send us to line b-(nb_selected_items)+1
In my first case it would do the same, and in the other case it would bring us back to the file which was below the last one selected.

I realize that for this to work, you'll need to know which is the last line selected (which might not be the last one that got selected, aka is the focused one) and I'm not sure you do. :?:
Cause if you use the focused one, then if the focused row is on top of the list, we will end up somewhere we have no idea where it is again, just somewhere higher instead of somewhere lower on the filelist.

So, might not be a perfect thing, but I think it would be better still cause usually we (or is it I?) select files from top to bottom of the list, and that would be the way to stay "where we were", while right now we have to select from bottom to top to do that.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Position in list after delete/move

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:I think this is a bug, or at least doesn't work the way it should.
Interesting! Have you checked what Explorer does? It goes to the one before the first selected line, I think.

I will do as you suggest (and which also conforms to current TV3 behavior): go back to (the position of) the first selected line.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:Interesting! Have you checked what Explorer does? It goes to the one before the first selected line, I think.
Actually, no I haven't. And what is this crappy explorer thing & why should I use it anyway? :P

Thanks, works great now. :D
Just a little something, if when we start the move/delete operation the first selected line isn't shown on screen, the focused row will be good after auto-refresh but it won't be shown, as the position in the listview is the same as before the operation.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:Just a little something, if when we start the move/delete operation the first selected line isn't shown on screen, the focused row will be good after auto-refresh but it won't be shown, as the position in the listview is the same as before the operation.
That's ok, I don't want to get too smart :wink:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:
jacky wrote:Just a little something, if when we start the move/delete operation the first selected line isn't shown on screen, the focused row will be good after auto-refresh but it won't be shown, as the position in the listview is the same as before the operation.
That's ok, I don't want to get too smart :wink:
I changed my mind and decided to be that smart! :D (in v4.20.0022)

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:I changed my mind and decided to be that smart! :D (in v4.20.0022)
eheh.. good :D