Problem with the search

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Creat

Problem with the search

Post by Creat »

Hi,

I have a small problem with the search. I use it quite frequently by hitting Ctrl-F and then just starting to type. This *should* overwrite whatever is entered in the search box (the most recent search) since the whole text is selected there, but that's not what happens here.
Ok let me explain it step by step to avoid misunderstandings. I am in a directory where I want to search for "secret" (without the quotes of course). So I hit Ctrl-F which brings up the panel at the bottom (usualy hidden here) with the search-tab selected and the focus in the "Name:" field. It contains my last search, let's say "another cup", completely selected. I start typing "secret", but instead of overwriting it appends at the end so that I get "another cupsecret". It *appears* to overwrite at first for a fraction of a second, but then the text reappears and what I typed is appended.

real strange, if you need anything more let me know :)

bye
Creat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with the search

Post by admin »

You've hit one of the little glitches of the auto-complete function (damn, I can't seem to bring this thing to perfection :evil: ). If you don't need the latter, simply uncheck it in Configuration/General.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with the search

Post by admin »

I did something. Should work a little better now. (wait for v4.20.0022)