Hotlist behaves like Tablist

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
herakles

Hotlist behaves like Tablist

Post by herakles »

If I open a new tab the location is added to the Hotlist. That's good and how I expect it to be.

But when I close the tab the location is deleted from the Hotlist. I hope this is a bug and not a feature because otherwise the Hotlist would be just a joke (I could use the Tablist to get the same information).

Also, is it really such a good idea, that each pane has its own Hotlist?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hotlist behaves like Tablist

Post by admin »

Are you using "History per tab"? In that case it makes sense. Otherwise it's a bug.
herakles wrote:Also, is it really such a good idea, that each pane has its own Hotlist?
Indeed, no! This will be fixed when I add the global MRU.

herakles

Post by herakles »

admin wrote:Are you using "History per tab"? In that case it makes sense. Otherwise it's a bug.
Tested with a fresh No-Install-Package (i.e. "History per tab" not selected).

But even if "History per tab" is selected, I think the location should stay in the Hotlist when I close a tab. Isn't the idea behind the whole thing to be able to easily navigate to recently visited locations?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

herakles wrote:
admin wrote:Are you using "History per tab"? In that case it makes sense. Otherwise it's a bug.
Tested with a fresh No-Install-Package (i.e. "History per tab" not selected).

But even if "History per tab" is selected, I think the location should stay in the Hotlist when I close a tab. Isn't the idea behind the whole thing to be able to easily navigate to recently visited locations?
Yes, correct. The bug is fixed now, and the Hotlist misbehavior will be fixed later.