Dual Pane Bugs

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dual Pane Bugs

Post by admin »

ugus wrote:Great :) Just curious, was it a bug or a corrupt ini?
Bug. It was actually connected to FVS. There's a chance however, since you did not send me your fvs.dat, that I fixed another bug...

EDIT: ok, looks like it was the right bug! For everybody who has seen this bug I have a question: Why do you enable FVS when you don't use it? :P

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ale wrote:I think it's another bug

1. Create a folder, let's say "A" in C:\
2. Activate dual pane mode
3. A tab in first pane to C:\A, another tab in second pane to C:\A
4. Now select folder A in the tree and delete it with shift + delete (not simple delete because this makes a difference)

then the situation it's a bit messy

A it's still on the tree
the active pane went to C:\ and still list A
the other pane has C:\A as unaivalable
Confirmed.

ugus

Post by ugus »

admin wrote:
ugus wrote:Great :) Just curious, was it a bug or a corrupt ini?
Bug. It was actually connected to FVS. There's a chance however, since you did not send me your fvs.dat, that I fixed another bug...

EDIT: ok, looks like it was the right bug! For everybody who has seen this bug I have a question: Why do you enable FVS when you don't use it? :P
I have planned to use it (but haven't actually used it yet ... at least not in this configuration) :oops:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:
ale wrote:I think it's another bug

1. Create a folder, let's say "A" in C:\
2. Activate dual pane mode
3. A tab in first pane to C:\A, another tab in second pane to C:\A
4. Now select folder A in the tree and delete it with shift + delete (not simple delete because this makes a difference)

then the situation it's a bit messy

A it's still on the tree
the active pane went to C:\ and still list A
the other pane has C:\A as unaivalable
Confirmed.
Should be fixed in the next version. Please check...

ale

Post by ale »

admin wrote:Should be fixed in the next version. Please check...
I'm checking it seems fixed :) I will let you know of any other glitches and the steps to reproduce

So... maybe this is another "bug", maybe a potential improvement, a very minor thing! but I'll write anyway

1. Single pane, we have a folder "A" in C:\ and two tabs opened to C:\A, one tab is active and of course the other tab is inactive
2. Select "A" in the tree and shift + delete it
3. The active tab goes to another location, the inactive tab stay to C:\A and says "Location currently not available" if activated

I think it's ok so far

4. Anyway let's reuse the active tab which went to another location and let's recreate "A" in C:\
5. Now go to the other tab which said "Location currently not available", a refresh here with F5 does nothing but we could check for existence, see that now "A" exists again and redo the list.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ale wrote:
admin wrote:Should be fixed in the next version. Please check...
I'm checking it seems fixed :) I will let you know of any other glitches and the steps to reproduce

So... maybe this is another "bug", maybe a potential improvement, a very minor thing! but I'll write anyway

1. Single pane, we have a folder "A" in C:\ and two tabs opened to C:\A, one tab is active and of course the other tab is inactive
2. Select "A" in the tree and shift + delete it
3. The active tab goes to another location, the inactive tab stay to C:\A and says "Location currently not available" if activated

I think it's ok so far

4. Anyway let's reuse the active tab which went to another location and let's recreate "A" in C:\
5. Now go to the other tab which said "Location currently not available", a refresh here with F5 does nothing but we could check for existence, see that now "A" exists again and redo the list.
Good find! Fixed. Thanks!

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
admin wrote:
j_c_hallgren wrote:Addendum:Was there a change in the minimum size of list/max size of IP? Because I can't get the IP to be as big (and detail as small) as I need to now...I am used to having only two lines of detail showing but now the min I can get is about 5.5...is this due to the space needed for horizontal panes? If so, then when in vertical mode, it should be a different value.
2. Yes, I will probably change the algorithm.
Ok, I've tried v8.00.09 and we're making good progress but still quite not got it yet...sorry!
I'm using Tahoma 8.25 and MS San Serif 8.25 for my core fonts in XY, and with v7.90, the built-in max shows me approx 1.5+- detail lines but in v8, I get a bit less than 1/4 of one detail (this is with enough cols used to require a horiz scroller in both vers)...which doesn't really do me any good, even though it does admittedly max my IP...so whatever the min pixel count was in v7.90 is more the ideal.

Thanks for helping make it better but :oops: I'd still like it even better.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You mean now it's too large?

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:You mean now it's too large?
Only in that it doesn't seem to take into account the space needed for a horizontal scroll bar when the nbr of cols is larger than space avail...add the nbr of pixels for that (or maybe more likely the col hdr's based on Addendum?) and I quite highly suspect we may have a winner once again...since when I invoke DP with horiz panes, the lower pane (for now...still haven't config'd it fully) doesn't use the same cols so there is no scroller and I see one nice fully visible detail line but on the upper pane, the scroller chews up that space, ok?

Addendum: It's the scroller plus column hdrs that cause it, as when in "list" view of list, I get one line visible with a scroller, since that has no col hdr.

I have my "last size" set pretty much always to show me about 6 lines so I flip 'tween last/max to reduce item list to/from 1.5 and 6.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Code: Select all

v8.00.0009 - 2009-06-25 23:10
    * Info Panel: Now the max size of the IP is calculated more smartly 
      and takes into account whether it's DP or SP mode, horizontal or 
      vertical DP, and how the top bars are layouted. IOW, there's a 
      good change that your IP can be larger again

Code: Select all

v8.00.0010 - 2009-06-26 10:22
    * Info Panel: Now the max size of the IP is calculated so that at 
      least one list row is visible, even with a horizontal scrollbar.
By golly...seems that you've got it now! :D :!: THANKS MUCH!
Looking really good! It's the little things that can make it difficult to use...sorry.
This issue was pretty much the thing that kept me from switching to v8 as my default XY instead of alternate...so now I believe I can update and leave v7.90.x behind...well, I may keep it around only for reference.

daddyman

Post by daddyman »

I think this may be a bug. When using "move to other" in DP from a usb key to a folder on the hard drive the move is ignored.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

daddyman wrote:I think this may be a bug. When using "move to other" in DP from a usb key to a folder on the hard drive the move is ignored.
What's happening instead, nothing?
You get any error message?
Does Copy to Other work?

Bootup

Post by Bootup »

daddyman wrote:I think this may be a bug. When using "move to other" in DP from a usb key to a folder on the hard drive the move is ignored.
What happens when I do this is that I get the folder I'm trying to move (just the folder name) created in the other pane, but no files copied. This only happens when copying from my backup drive, which is seen as a network drive. It only happens on "move to other" not copy to other.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bootup wrote:
What happens when I do this is that I get the folder I'm trying to move (just the folder name) created in the other pane, but no files copied. This only happens when copying from my backup drive, which is seen as a network drive. It only happens on "move to other" not copy to other.
Can anybody confirm this? I can't. :?

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Now problem with my USB sticks.