Runtime error '9' subscript out of range

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
zer0

Re: Runtime error '9' subscript out of range

Post by zer0 »

admin wrote:Yes, but the error concerns me more. Alas, I cannot reproduce it.
Don, we keep coming back to you needing to reproduce an issue in order to fix it. This is not be possible in all scenarios. Sometimes the problem is glaringly obvious, but on occasions it is very subtle. But a bug is a bug and the requirement to reproduce is too "silver bullet"-esque.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

zer0 wrote:
admin wrote:Yes, but the error concerns me more. Alas, I cannot reproduce it.
Don, we keep coming back to you needing to reproduce an issue in order to fix it. This is not be possible in all scenarios. Sometimes the problem is glaringly obvious, but on occasions it is very subtle. But a bug is a bug and the requirement to reproduce is too "silver bullet"-esque.
With 200 K lines of source code it's not easy to catch a bug that does not appear on my system. :)

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:With 200 K lines of source code it's not easy to catch a bug that does not appear on my system. :)
200k lines? :shock: WOW!! Didn't realize it was that much!

And I'm constantly amazed that Don is able to fix as many bugs as he does w/o having that exact sys config available...so I'm more than willing to give him a break now and then.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

admin wrote:With 200 K lines of source code it's not easy to catch a bug that does not appear on my system. :)
I don't think anyone is asking you to go through all that code is with a fine comb. A debugger would provide much more detailed information, independent of whether you can reproduce it on your system. And it's a bug on my system that we're trying to fix ;)
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

zer0 wrote:
I don't think anyone is asking you to go through all that code is with a fine comb. A debugger would provide much more detailed information, independent of whether you can reproduce it on your system. And it's a bug on my system that we're trying to fix ;)
Good news: I caught an error '9' today. It may have been yours.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

admin wrote:Good news: I caught an error '9' today. It may have been yours.
Cheers, I will report back if it pops up its ugly head again :)
Windows 7/10