Crash when deleting file

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Gandolf

Crash when deleting file

Post by Gandolf »

Working on a folder of HTML documents and their associated images TrackerV3 crashed, with the standard Windows exception error, and closed. I had deleted (or attempted to delete) the bottom document in the list but the list was not empty since there were some items not deleted (i.e not an empty folder, there were still some files in it). I restored the last few items deleted and tried to reproduce the fault but everything worked perfectly.

My guess is that it was a memory problem since there had been several applications open (most had been closed, since I had almost finished what I was doing) and I'd been working with some large graphics images.

I've got the Dr. Watson log, shall I e-mail it to you? (or is the weather too good to want to worry about it!!)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash when deleting file

Post by admin »

The weather is still undecided, so I'll spare a minute: I don't believe it's a TV3 bug until you show me a way to reproduce it. Were previewing the HTML file while you deleted it? This should be no problem but since I preview through IE internally there might happen things out of my reach. Or more probably it was something like you guessed already.
No need for Dr. Watson, thanks.