License accepted but still in Trial mode

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
davidhelp

License accepted but still in Trial mode

Post by davidhelp »

License accepted but still in Trial mode.

Questions: Why can't I get the license to "stick" and why is Windows 10 asking what program to use to open my image files when I use Xyplorer?

The license issue is the most important as I think the other issue may be Windows 10.

I upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 a few days ago.
Xyplorer was my default file manager, the license was already there so no need to add it again. I am the administrator on my pc.

See the background below. I uninstalled and reinstalled Xyplorer to see if that was the issue with the image files.
I installed the latest version of Xyplorer - xyplorer_full 23.70.0300
I added my license. It accepted it but after closing and opening it says in the titlebar that is still doing the 30-Day Trial Version. I also restarted the computer. Same issue. I even uninstalled and tried an older version xyplorer_ver19.80.0100 but it had the same issue.
Xyplorer is my default file manager under Tools> Configuration> Other> Shell Intergration

XYplorer 23.70.0300
Thank you! Now click OK, close XYplorer and restart it to validate your
registration details and unlock the application.

Background: I use IrfanView as my default image viewer. Anytime I open a image file, jpg, gif, png etc Windows 10 would prompt asking which program to use. I would select IrfanView but the next time or at random times I would get a prompt. IrfanView is my default in the Windows Default Programs.

I noticed however that when I used the Windows Explorer folder this was not an issue. I could open any image file and it opened in IrfanView with no prompt. Also the popup feature when you hold the mouse down on the thumbnail image no longer works properly as Windows 10 asks which program to open the image in, be it IrfanView or the Windows Photos.
It will bring up a popup for some jpgs but not all. Also when I double click on an image and have 'Photos' as my default it will still ask which program to open the image in.

Short of doing a clean install of Windows 10 and "hoping" everything works, I do not know what the fix is.

XYplorer - Lifetime License Pro
Name: David ---
Key: ---
Scope: one individual person (not transferable)
Type: Lifetime License Pro
Valid: for all future versions
Date of Purchase: 2010-11-09_05-36-16_ShareIt

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on 11/21/2022
OS build 19045.2251
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

xyplorer license issue.png
xyplorer license issue.png (94.65 KiB) Viewed 487 times
Last edited by davidhelp on 24 Nov 2022 09:04, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: License accepted but still in Trial mode

Post by admin »

highend

Post by highend »

He revealed his real license info in his post (which I've modified to remove that).

I can unlock the current beta with that info btw^^
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks! :tup: (holy shit)

davidhelp

Post by davidhelp »

The issue with the license is still not fixed. I added my name and Key: xy01-010....................... and closed and re-opened Xyplorer. Now says Day 2 of the Trial on the title bar.

Any idea about the images not opening without a prompt by Windows 10 for which image viewer?

The thumbnails for the most part will pop up when I hold down the left mouse button but some will not and all the jpgs, gifs, png files when double clicked on will get the prompt by Windows 10 for which image viewer to use every time.

The images here: minion2.jpg will not open by double clicking without a prompt by Windows 10 for which image viewer.
It is the same for the other image: doh.jpg

Both will popup an image from a thumbnail when the left mouse button is held down.

Copy the 2 files into a folder and have Xyplorer as the default file manager and see if you have the same issue using either IrfanView or Windows Photo image viewer as your default viewer.

doh.jpg
doh.jpg (19.59 KiB) Viewed 462 times
minion2.jpg
minion2.jpg (6.34 KiB) Viewed 462 times

highend

Post by highend »

And you've saved the settings when leaving that XY instance?
1.png
1.png (8.74 KiB) Viewed 453 times
And regarding the Windows shit: This has been discussed at least a dozen times...

E.g. here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17965
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

davidhelp

Post by davidhelp »

See screenshot above. I add my information then click ok then X out the folder window then opened Xyplorer again.
But I did it after reading your last post and it worked.

Thanks.

davidhelp

Post by davidhelp »

The images now open after doing the group policy fixes from the link provided and using the File Association Fixer v 2.0
The same issue with some images not popping up when the mouse is held down on them still occur. Most do pop up however. Random.

I will restart my pc later as I am doing a image backup right now. I may just decide to do a clean install of Windows 10 and spend you know many hours reinstalling all my programs and setting them up and copying my files over from my backup drive....

Use a hammer if nothing else works.