Dragging tab from one pane to another overwrites columns for the receiving pane

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Tsimo

Dragging tab from one pane to another overwrites columns for the receiving pane

Post by Tsimo »

When I drag a tab from one pane to another, then ALL of the tabs on the pane that the tab has been dragged to takes on its columns.

I'm trying to use:
- Top pane for local tabs, with a Junction column.
- Bottom pane for remote tabs, without the Junction column (as I discovered it tanks performance, and freezes the application for about minute).

Is this a bug? It certainly seems to be.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere, or something?

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Dragging tab from one pane to another overwrites columns for the receiving pane

Post by admin »

This is probably a logical consequence of your current settings. You should be able to change this behavior here:

- Tick Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | Remember list settings per tab.
- Ensure that "Column layout (positions, widths, visibility)" is ticked under Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | Apply to....

Tsimo

Re: Dragging tab from one pane to another overwrites columns for the receiving pane

Post by Tsimo »

admin wrote: 30 Sep 2022 09:25 This is probably a logical consequence of your current settings. You should be able to change this behavior here:

- Tick Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | Remember list settings per tab.
- Ensure that "Column layout (positions, widths, visibility)" is ticked under Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | Apply to....
Ahh. That did the trick. I didn't have `Column Layout` selected in the `Apply to...` sub-box. :)

Thanks a lot. This bug can be marked as closed.