Current selection is being reset when folder is auto-refreshed and a copy/move operation is running

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
1024mb

Current selection is being reset when folder is auto-refreshed and a copy/move operation is running

Post by 1024mb »

If a folder has new files being written to it and you select a bunch of files, the selection gets reset on every file list update meaning you can't select nor do anything with the other files in that folder unless you Ctrl+R or suspend auto refresh, all of this only happens if a move or copy operation is currently being processed, once the move operation finishes the selection stops being reset. And to be more precise, the move/copy operation doesn't have to be to or from this directory.

In my case I had a file being written into a directory on drive P, also I was moving a file from drive E to drive C. While all of this was happening if I tried to select any files on the folder of the drive P the selection was being reset (or deselected, I don't know why that word feels ugly to me), once the moving operation from E to C completed the selection didn't reset anymore.

If it matters: Drive C and E are local drives, drive P is a mounted network share.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Current selection is being reset when folder is auto-refreshed and a copy/move operation is running

Post by admin »

I guess it's from select-on-paste (hard-coded). It selects the incoming files. That's expected. A dilemma that cannot be solved.

1024mb

Re: Current selection is being reset when folder is auto-refreshed and a copy/move operation is running

Post by 1024mb »

Nope, it selects nothing, even so if it were to select the incoming files it would be impossible because I'm not in the folder where the files are being copied/moved to, the file(s) being written to the current directory are coming from other program. If I remember correctly this didn't happen before though I can't be 100% sure I've tried to select files in a folder where files were being written to while a move operation was being processed before.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Untick this: Configuration | General | Refresh, Icons, History | Auto-Refresh | Refresh during file operations