PDF iFilter not working in Xyplorer

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
highend

Re: PDF iFilter not working in Xyplorer

Post by highend »

None of these settings help to avoid the problem with FoxIt, I already tried them...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

jupe

Post by jupe »

@anaskhan: Your regsvr commands are wrong they shouldn't have <> wrapping the path, and make sure you are in an elevated prompt.

Judging by the dll filenames you listed, are you sure you have the Foxit iFilter installed and not previewer only?, the iFilter seems to be paid only, and separate. (Never used Foxit myself)

https://www.foxit.com/products/pdf-ifilter/

elqasar2

Post by elqasar2 »

elqasar2 wrote: 16 Sep 2022 13:13 I've got Foxit PDF Editor installed (version 11.2.1) and it's my default PDF application. PDF previews in XYplorer appear to work perfectly. I wonder how I can check whether XYplorer is using Foxit or whether some other magic on my system is making it work.
Actually, it turns out in my case that XYplorer is using Microsoft Edge WebView to do the rendering of PDFs in the Preview Pane. Not Foxit. Not sure why, but that's what it's using.

Horst

Post by Horst »

elqasar2 wrote: 26 Sep 2022 15:00
elqasar2 wrote: 16 Sep 2022 13:13 I've got Foxit PDF Editor installed (version 11.2.1) and it's my default PDF application. PDF previews in XYplorer appear to work perfectly. I wonder how I can check whether XYplorer is using Foxit or whether some other magic on my system is making it work.
Actually, it turns out in my case that XYplorer is using Microsoft Edge WebView to do the rendering of PDFs in the Preview Pane. Not Foxit. Not sure why, but that's what it's using.
Updates to Edge or Power Toys sometimes reset the Microsoft PDF previewer.
To prevent XY from using it
set your preferred previewer in XYs User defined preview handlers.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
Portable XYplorer (actual version, including betas)
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69