Gigantic icons in toolbar (Windows 11) - SOLVED

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
rpnfan

Gigantic icons in toolbar (Windows 11) - SOLVED

Post by rpnfan »

I do not know what happend, but the toolbar icons are super large and I can not see how to change that back to the normal sizes, see screenshot attached.
Attachments
2022-09-10_09h12_30.png
2022-09-10_09h12_30.png (309.23 KiB) Viewed 607 times
Last edited by rpnfan on 10 Sep 2022 13:01, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Gigantic icons in toolbar (Windows 11)

Post by admin »

Ha. LOL. Try to wheel them down: Ctrl+Shift+Wheel.

If you don't have a wheel come back here.

rpnfan

Post by rpnfan »

Thanks for the answer. I forgot to mention that I already was searching for solutions and found that "mouse-wheel" option. This does not work at all. my mouse functions everywhere else, including the scroll wheel, but it does not change the icon size here. :-(

I just see that also the keyboard shortcuts (F9 for settings) and so on do not work any longer in XY. The keyboard works fine everywhere else (as you can see here, when I type this message).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Assuming you already restarted XY, I'd suggest a Windows reboot. After all it's Windows 11...

rpnfan

Post by rpnfan »

Indeed I already tried to restart XY, that did not change anything. I now restarted Win 11 as well -- still the same: Icons too large, mouse-wheel trick does not work and shortcut keys like F9 still do not function in XY.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wild.

Try a fresh instance. (Type fresh; into the address bar of your current instance and press ENTER) Still gigantic icons?

rpnfan

Post by rpnfan »

Thanks, "fresh" solved the problem.

I still experienced problems with the keys not being detected. But I now found out the cause. That was not an XY problem...

For whatever reason an Autohotkey script which changes some keys -- went havoc and caused certain keys not to function in XY. I do not know why this happend. Especially because this script is nothing I use new. I use it now for 14 years and never had such a problem before! So I had no reason to think of that as the possible cause... :-o The strange thing is then even when I pause the script the keyboard acts weird. I have to dig in deeper to see what is the problem, because it stays the same even after restarting the script.

So sorry for the confusion. Now I could use the mouse-wheel trick and it worked as well.

Thanks for your support! Have a nice weekend!

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

The fresh instance was only meant to see whether a vanilla installation had the same problem.
In order to get your settings back, you still need to restart XY using your original ini file and see whether the problem persists.
If so, then you need to find the setting in your ini that is causing it.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Horst

Post by Horst »

Your description looks like you have an Autohotkey script which uses a keyboard hook
which is involved even when you pause your script.
Since a long time this is no longer the way to make keyboard actions.
Autohotkey scripts work without such hooks.
Microsoft Power Toys also has a nice keyboard manipulation tool.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
Portable XYplorer (actual version, including betas)
Everything 1.5.0.1373a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73

rpnfan

Re: Gigantic icons in toolbar (Windows 11) - SOLVED

Post by rpnfan »

Thanks for the additional answers.

I could not find out the cause, but uninstalled and reinstalled Autohotkey. Now everything works as expected again. Strange, because I never had such a problem in all the years.

My script does much more than simple key remappings which you can do with the Powertoys tool -- even more than what I could do with the Microsoft Keyboard layout creator.

I just checked if I use keyboard hooks. Indeed that seems to be the case, because I use hotstrings and hotkeys as well as remapping CapsLock:

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/command ... bdHook.htm

Thanks for the pointer.