Tabsets state is saved even if auto-save is off

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Linkeree

Tabsets state is saved even if auto-save is off

Post by Linkeree »

Configuration for Tabs Auto-save tabsets on switch does not seem to work.
XYplorer will save last state even if the switch is not checked, so the Revert to saved feature is unusable.

I started notice the problem in new Windows 11 (64bit). XYplorer version 23.xx, upgraded to last 23.40 and problem still persists.
Everything was fine in old computer (Windows 7 32bit). XYplorer version 23.20.0100.

Edit:
So I checked out the file XYplorer.ini and found parameter TabsetsCanRevertAcrossSessions.
I set it to 1, just like in the old computer, and everything has worked as expected.
I still wonder where to set the parameter from the menu instead of editing the ini file.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tabsets state is saved even if auto-save is off

Post by admin »

XYplorer will save last state even if the switch is not checked, so the Revert to saved feature is unusable.
Cannot confirm. Seems to work as it should.

TabsetsCanRevertAcrossSessions is a tweak. Means it can only be modified by editing the INI file. Here's the change log on it:

Code: Select all

v19.80.0131 - 2019-03-30 13:55
    * Tabsets: Before, tabsets were revertible across sessions. If you did not 
      explicitly save a tabset you could always go back to the last-saved state 
      by clicking "Revert to Saved", and that worked across sessions. There was 
      a "temporary-saved state" in a folder called "t" (saved when doing a "File 
      | Save Settings") and a "final-saved state" in the folder above "t" (saved 
      when doing a "Tabsets | Save").
      Now this behavior is a bit crazy since all other settings in XYplorer are 
      handled differently. Therefore I changed it: From now on tabsets are NOT 
      revertible anymore across sessions, but only within the session. If you 
      save settings, or exit the app with "Save settings on exit" enabled, then 
      the current tabsets (one in each pane) are *finally* saved to disk. 
      Clicking "Revert to Saved" will go back to that saved state.
      Since this is an important change I cared for a soft transition:
      - I added a tweak that allows you to stay with the old behavior:
          TabsetsCanRevertAcrossSessions=1
      - On upgrading to this version this tweak is automatically set to 1, so 
        nothing will change for you unless you explicitly change that tweak to 0:
          TabsetsCanRevertAcrossSessions=0
      - In a fresh installation, of course, that tweak is now set to 0 to enable 
        the new behavior.
      - Note that, if TabsetsCanRevertAcrossSessions=0, any still existing 
        temporary states (in "t"-folders) are still *read*, otherwise you would 
        lose the last temporary-saved states of your tabsets and fall back hard 
        to the last final-saved states. After the next "Save Settings" these 
        folders will just disappear and never come back again.