No video thumbnails for mapped network drives

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Vexz

No video thumbnails for mapped network drives

Post by Vexz »

Video thumbnails are not working on a mapped network drive, but they are working through UNC path. Picture thumbnails are working fine though.

For example:
If I access a network share on my NAS with a UNC path like this...
\\NAS\Pics_and_Vids\Party
... all video- and picture thumbnails are loading just fine.

But if I map this UNC path to a letter (\\NAS\Pics_and_Vids\Party --> L:) and then go to this mapped network drive only the thumbnails for pictures are loaded - but not the video thumbnails.

It's the same folder with the same files so it can't be a problem with file types, codecs or stuff like that. I can't find a setting for that so I assume it's a bug.

1024mb

Re: No video thumbnails for mapped network drives

Post by 1024mb »

Thumbnail generation for mapped shares are working fine on my end. Maybe is a permission issue? Are you using the same user when browsing the UNC path and when mapping the share?

Vexz

Post by Vexz »

1024mb wrote: 12 Jul 2022 21:42 Thumbnail generation for mapped shares are working fine on my end. Maybe is a permission issue? Are you using the same user when browsing the UNC path and when mapping the share?
Of course. Windows won't let me have two or more seperate connections with different users anyway.

Horst

Post by Horst »

Vexz wrote: 19 Jul 2022 08:10 Of course. Windows won't let me have two or more seperate connections with different users anyway.
Wrong
Windows handles connections in such a way that if you map a drive with enhanced rights you don't see it in normal mode.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3447)
Portable XYplorer (actual version, including betas)
Everything 1.5.0.1372a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73