Mouse clicks in Catalog section with relative paths not working properly

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
tomuser

Mouse clicks in Catalog section with relative paths not working properly

Post by tomuser »

There seems to be some buggy changes regarding mouse clicks and/or relative paths from version 23.10 in Catalog Section.

In previous versions if there was relative path to some file or program in Catalog section using "..\..\Program\Program.exe" I could use middle click to open that file location in new tab. And it was always relative to XYplorer's executable path. Now it seems to be changed so it starts from currently selected tab location which makes impossible now to open the proper locations.

For example if I have Xyplorer in "D:\Cool Programs\Xyplorer\Xyplorer.exe" and my catalog item refers to "..\..\Antoher Program\Program.exe" (which is actually "D:\Antoher Program\AnotherProgram.exe") and my selected tab is F:\ drive or some \\NetworkShare then it tries to open this AnotherProgram.exe from F:\ or from \\NetworkShare (depending on where I am at currently) where this file is obviously missing from.

Middle Click does not work.
Shift+Click does not work.
Ctrl+Click works.

When selecting these commands via right click menu on Catalog item then all these "Go to", "Go to in New Tab", "Go to in New Background Tab" work properly. Also when just clicking catalog item to open it then it opens file/program properly no matter what is my current location in selected tab. And there are no issues when using absolute paths to programs/files.

So the long story short is that issue is only with using "Go to"-options with mouse clicks when there are relative paths to file locations.

jupe

Re: Mouse clicks in Catalog section with relative paths not working properly

Post by jupe »

Setting this should get the old behavior back:

ABRelativeToAppPath=1

follow these instructions exactly on how to tweak: https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=tweak

tomuser

Re: Mouse clicks in Catalog section with relative paths not working properly

Post by tomuser »

jupe wrote: 28 May 2022 20:52 Setting this should get the old behavior back:

ABRelativeToAppPath=1

follow these instructions exactly on how to tweak: https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=tweak
:appl: