Multi-Selection + Delete (with Thumbnails gen. background)

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Zardoz2293

Multi-Selection + Delete (with Thumbnails gen. background)

Post by Zardoz2293 »

XYplorer = v23.00.0100
XYcopy = v2.10.0187

Selected Multi-Selection + Delete in List View with thumbnail view, with generating Thumbnails in background. Upon executing delete operation on the selection, the following dialog was generated. I do not know if any of the selected deleted items were in fact deleted or not due to the large volume of images ( > 1600 files).

387.png
387.png (31.92 KiB) Viewed 829 times
Computer/Systems Background = Expert | Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720

admin
Site Admin

Re: Multi-Selection + Delete (with Thumbnails gen. background)

Post by admin »

> 1600 files in the list, and how many did you select to delete them?

Zardoz2293

Post by Zardoz2293 »

admin wrote: 09 May 2022 14:17 > 1600 files in the list, and how many did you select to delete them?
I was working from the bottom going up of the file list, and was about 80 to 90 percent down at the bottom. There were about 9 to 15 files selected in a non-contiguous selection. In retrospect, it is possible one of the selected items to be deleted did not have a thumbnail generated. I remember thinking it was odd the thumbnail did not exist and selected it again seeing if there appeared to be a defect with the image/file, it viewed correctly in the preview, and in my editing tool. Then I scrolled up and down and there was another image which did not have a thumbnail and I repeated the process with the same results. Then I returned and selected the same image/files and performed the deleted operation when the error dialog appeared. It was then when I noticed the status of thumbnails were still being generated and it was claiming about 90 percent finished. Example:

n = Not Selected; S = Selected and 'deleted'

... n n n n n n n
n n n n n n n n n
n n n n n n n n n
n n n n n S S S n
n S n S S S S n S
S S n S S n S n n
n n n n n n n n n
n n n n n n n ...
Computer/Systems Background = Expert | Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You triggered a file operation while thumbnails were being generated and something clashed during the list refresh after the file operation was successfully completed. This is not a severe bug, the consequences are only cosmetic. Anyway, I'll see if I can prevent it from happening. ... Yes, I can. :cup: