Shell integration bug with Photoshop files

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
myrnalarson

Shell integration bug with Photoshop files

Post by myrnalarson »

Windows 10, all updates applied. Photoshop psd files are associated with Adobe Photoshop CC 2022. From Windows 10 Explorer, I click on a Photoshop file, extension .psd, and Photoshop immediately opens the file, no questions asked.

With XYPlorer, I get the dialog about which file to use to open psd files. Photoshop is selected, and I always check the box to "always use" Photoshop for psd files.

This is a nuisance! Why doesn't the file open immediately from XYPlorer, just like it does from Windows Explorer?

highend

Re: Shell integration bug with Photoshop files

Post by highend »

E.g.: viewtopic.php?t=19996

and a lot more of that type...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

myrnalarson

Post by myrnalarson »

Thanks for the teaser ;)

I followed your link, and eventually got to the English version of the information about group policy editor. That seems to have fixed the problem for me, at least for now.

Is there some way to make this solution easier to find? Or is it listed in some section other than bug reports, and I didn't use the right terms in my search?

BTW, I have tif, gif, jpg, and png files as well as psd. I haven't had this problem with those types of image files.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

myrnalarson wrote: 18 Jan 2022 00:52 Is there some way to make this solution easier to find?
I don't see one. I still hope that they fix it one day. :roll: