Labels and keyboard shortcuts - possible bug

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
beeellecee

Labels and keyboard shortcuts - possible bug

Post by beeellecee »

Hello

Latest stable version XY - trial version
Windows 10
Portable installation inside user-defined folder

I have been using Tags ->Labels to make use of the option for up to 31 custom labels and colours. I have been defining keyboard shortcuts for each, successfully. I now have 18 labels, but the keyboard shortcuts (Shift +F9) is only allowing me to add a shortcuts for 16 (including "none"). The last 2 added labels are not displaying in the shortcuts customization panel. Previously, when I made a label it was appearing automatically in the keyboard shortcuts customization panel and I was able to apply a shortcut.

I have saved, restarted, but the last 2 labels do not appear to be available for shortcut customization, and do not appear in the shortcuts customisation list as before. This may be a bug, or have I exceeded a customization limit?

Many thanks
Beth

admin
Site Admin

Re: Labels and keyboard shortcuts - possible bug

Post by admin »

It is indeed a customization limit.

Background: The number of possible keyboard shortcuts is not infinite and the reference IDs must never be changed across version upgrades. Customizing keyboard shortcuts in XY started 20070329 and on that day the total number of customizable keyboard shortcuts was set to 1400 (KS in User-Defined Commands go on top of that and are limitless). This number cannot be exceeded without giving up backward compatibility.

So, to assign keyboard shortcuts to the higher labels you can use User-Defined Commands (UDC) / Run Script, e.g.:

Code: Select all

tag 27;
And then assign a KS to that UDC.

beeellecee

Post by beeellecee »

:tup: - Shall explore your suggestion! :beer:

beeellecee

Post by beeellecee »

Further to above - yes, works perfectly using UDC and script! :)