Strange tab after update to newest version

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Rainer.Friedrich

Strange tab after update to newest version

Post by Rainer.Friedrich »

Hello, I updated yesterday evening. After opening a tab opened for the path "I am groot" (which of course did not exist). What went wrong?

Found it in pane.ini

[General]
LastVer=22.60.0000
Location=[...]XYplorer\I am Groot
IDDefaultTab=0

[...] = deleted because there is information about my folder structure

Thanks in advance
cu
F. :-)

Rainer.Friedrich

Re: Strange tab after update to newest version

After a bit of searching I found the text string in the Xyplorer.exe?!? Also in the version before the newest one.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:) That's the invisible zero root of the "This PC" and "Network" node. Of course, it should not be possible to ever go there. How did you manage to do that?

Rainer.Friedrich

:-) It is the root of the root. Thought that must something You did in the code, for fun or so. And I it is funny, I like Groot from the Guardians. First I thought something malicious happend on my PC or that I did something wrong. Uploaded the installer to virustotal to be sure that everything is alright, it is alright.

How it happend? I closed Your program with my update script after seeing a new version is availabe. Download, unpack (portable use), starting. It wqas evening so I did not notice it, closed it, made the daily backup.

After starting Xyplorer a tab opend between my ther "paper tabs" on the left with the error that this path is not availabe.

So I startet the old version (daily backup for every day of the week, so I went back a day beforde), alright.

After searching I found the text string in the exe with a hex editor and knew that I must something from new.

Maybe a strange coincidence with something?

BTW: Love your program and use it so much, especially as progam starter. Compared with a lot of file managers and only use Yours and Total Commander. :-)

Thx!

cu

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks! :D

Can you repeat this strange tab opening?

Rainer.Friedrich

Unfortunately not, tried the same, with update and starting. But Groot did not appear... Maybe he has something to do in the galaxy... 8) Should he appear again on my PCs I will tell it to you and will try to see if I can repeat it.

Th.

cu