UI not properply updated after switching to a screen with a different DPI

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
kouhj

UI not properply updated after switching to a screen with a different DPI

Post by kouhj »

After launching Xyplorer on a high DPI screen on Windows 10, press Win+P to switch the display to a lower DPI screen, then the fonts of Xyplorer becomes large. However other applications, such as Office and browsers, can adjust accordingly when it is displayed.

Xyplorer has to be closed and started again to fit with the new DPI.

jupe

Re: UI not properply updated after switching to a screen with a different DPI

Post by jupe »

A tip if you are interested: Instead of restarting you could try running this from the XY address bar:

::updatescreenmetrics;

and then if it works you could set it up to a shortcut key or custom toolbar button, UDC, or something easy to access. I am just providing this tip in the interim, until the developer gets a chance to read your post, if you see this post first please reply with your XY version.

kouhj

Post by kouhj »

No, nothing happens after executing

Code: Select all

::updatescreenmetrics;
from the address bar.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Right-click the XYplorer.exe icon and click "Properties." Go over to the Compatibility tab, enable "Override High DPI scaling behavior" and set the Scaling Behavior to "System (Enhanced)."

kouhj

Post by kouhj »

By changing the compatibility settings to "System (Enhanced)" or "System" can make the font size adjust accordingly, however, the text in the panes become uncomfortably blurry.

I would rather close and launch XYplorer after switching it to a new display. This always presents the most clear text with proper font size.

As I mentioned in the first post, other applications, such as browsers and Office, can detect the DPI change and update the UI accordingly. I wish XYplorer, as the first class file explorers, could achieve the same.

moguiyu

Post by moguiyu »

I had the same issue and feedback here before.
by the system(enhanced) setting, it does not only affect the UI, but also the files opened by xyplorer.
try to open office documents, the content will not display properly.