Info Tips do not always display in Tile views

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
undefiler

Info Tips do not always display in Tile views

Post by undefiler »

In certain conditions, info tips don't show for the Tile views. May be less of a bug and more of an improvement, depending on the original intention.

If the cursor is placed within the boundaries of a Tile view's item, the Info Tip only displays if the cursor is hovering over its icon/image, or its filename. If the cursor is within the blank area of a tile item, or hovering over an item's size/date, the Info Tip will not show. The Hover Box on the other hand has no issue and displays regardless of the position of the cursor over a tile, resulting in an inconsistent experience between the two types of info boxes.

Maybe a fix/change here would affect the Details views' "Full name column select" option under "Menus, Mouse, Usability"? I.e. the Info Tip may then also appear when hovering over a row's blank area (but within the Name column's width), instead of requiring the cursor to be over its name/icon (as it is in the stable build). From having used other file managers, I think the Details and Tile views are interlinked in some manner. If the change were to affect the Details views, I think it would be a positive one.

Hovering over a thumbnail in Details with Thumbnails view also does not display an Info Tip, when it seems like something that should happen (only displays when over the file icon / filename / directly below the filename).

Thanks!

XYplorer 22.40.0200
Windows 11 (21H2 build 22000.282)

Edit 1: I meant the Details view each time I mentioned the List view.
Edit 2: Notes on Details with Thumbnails view.
Last edited by undefiler on 09 Nov 2021 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Info Tips do not always display in Tile views

Post by admin »

Confirmed and fully agreed. :tup: I like the idea to tie it to the "Full name column select" option. Next beta.

undefiler

Post by undefiler »

Great :)

Since it wasn't explicitly mentioned, I think it makes sense to also link the Hover Box to the same option so that both it and the Info Tip trigger the same way.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I did that. You just say it, right?

undefiler

Post by undefiler »

Yes, just in case you missed that detail.