"Show audio info and tags" only shows with Ctrl held

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
undefiler

"Show audio info and tags" only shows with Ctrl held

Post by undefiler »

Hello!

I'm currently testing XYplorer (free trial day 1), and I came across what could be a bug:

Options enabled:
  • Show file info tips
  • Show audio info and tags
  • Show Hover Box
(The options beneath the tip/box options are not enabled: file icon / Shift key.)

The Hover Box appears when hovering over images, text files, etc, and the Info Tip appears when hovering over items that don't have a Hover Box to display, but the Info Tip isn't displaying the audio info despite the option to show such info being enabled.

Only when Ctrl is held does the Info Tip display the audio info. Ideally the audio info would display by default, just like it is displayed by default when it is only the Info Tip and "Show audio info and tags" options enabled (Hover Box disabled).

If any fix is made, I hope the functionality of using Ctrl to override the Hover Box from displaying is not changed, as it's convenient to be able to force the Info Tip to display instead. I prefer this method over triggering the Info Tip / Hover Box by separate hover targets (file name / file icon), primarily because the icon is too small and easy to leave the hover target region (dismissing the tip/box).

Thanks!

XYplorer 22.40.0200
Windows 11 (21H2 build 22000.282)

admin
Site Admin

Re: "Show audio info and tags" only shows with Ctrl held

Post by admin »

Hi and welcome!

With my settings it seems to work when I hover the caption of an MP3 filename.
Attachments
2021-11-08_194300.png
2021-11-08_194300.png (37.01 KiB) Viewed 406 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, after reading your post again I see that you probably disabled Configuration | Information | File Info Tips & Hover Box | Show hover box only when hovering file icon. Yes, this looks like a bug.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fixed in next beta.

undefiler

Post by undefiler »

Thanks for the quick response, and better yet, a fix!

I've also noticed that info tips don't show for the Tile views in certain conditions. I'll create a new topic detailing the issue.