Icons-Changes-No More

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
td2000

Icons-Changes-No More

Post by td2000 »

Hi,
I am using Ver.22.30.0200 which I downloaded today. I can no longer change xyplorer icons using:
-Right Click
-Properties
-Customise
-Change Icon
I was able to do this up until recently i.e. the second last update of XY. The current Ver 22.30.0200 does not fix the problem. I can still change icons via Windows explorer.
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?. Any - of course - what is the solution!
Many thanks,
BEst regards,

Thomas Dolan

admin
Site Admin

Re: Icons-Changes-No More

Post by admin »

You mean the icon of XYplorer.exe?

autocart

Post by autocart »

td2000, if you mean the properties dialog of an item, e.g. on the windows desktop, then I think you must be talking about a shortcut item linking to XYplorer.exe, not the exe file itself. Am I right?

td2000

Post by td2000 »

Hi,

Thanks for coming back. I am encountering a number of issues. It may be coincidental that I downloaded XY update and I had a WIN10 update at the same time. I am looking at a WIN10 reinstall. So problems could be my side. I will advise after re-install.
As to the ICONS I wanted to change. I changed these regularly and for many years with XY without any trouble using this simple procedure:
1. Right click on Document Folder to which I want to apply a specific ICON e.g. C:\MyDocuments\SpecialProject - using the procedure below and using XYPlorer.
2. Goto Properties - Customise - Change Icon
3. Up pops the available WIN10 Icons available in SystemRoot%\System32\shell32.dll
4. Select Icon.
5. Click Ok
6. Apply.

When I tried this it no longer worked. But I found I could change the icons in Windows Explorer using the same procedure. So I assumed a problem with XY.
Now I am having trouble with some simple batch files - ones I have used every day for the last 18 months. I cannot locate the problem. Hence the reinstall of win10.
I will let you know the outcome. I hope it is not XY as I have found it to be an excellent productivity tool and most reliable.

Regards
TD2000

td2000

Post by td2000 »

Hi,

Sorry for causing confusion. I have outlined what I have done in another email so as to clear up any confusion. I was not referring to the XYPlorer Icon.

Regards,

TD2000

td2000

Post by td2000 »

Hi,

I did a complete re-install of WIN10 and of course XYPlorer. I happy to report that all is back to working perfectly.! I still don't know the cause.
Now there is a lot of cleaning up!
BTW - I had uninstalled XY whilst trying to ID "the problem" - which meant using MS FIle Explorer - something I have not done for years! Oops! - an experience best forgotten.

Many thanks,

TD2000