"Reuse existing tabs..." doesn't work in Tree.

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
autocart

Re: "Reuse existing tabs..." doesn't work in Tree.

Post by autocart »

But, Don, if you want to implement it, an option in config to make the foreward/backward history global over all tabs might be nice.
Or does that option already exist?

EDIT:
Yes, autocart, your stupid lazy idiot, it does already exist:
Uncheck "General | Refresh, Icons, History | [ ] History per tab"

autocart

Post by autocart »

Sorry for the many replies.
Noticed something that can be improved:

(1) When "History per tab" is off, then it would again make sense for "Back" and "Foreward" to reuse existing tabs.
(2) The "Back" and "Foreward" arrows do not always turn blue when there are locations availalbe. Not sure if this is a bug or some kind of logic that I did not quite understand yet.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

autocart wrote: 28 Oct 2021 14:42
Evolve wrote: 28 Oct 2021 13:52 "Up" should be excepted as well. The sequence "Up" > "Back" is broken the same way.
Thinking about this some more. "Back and Foreward" are moving through the history/log of the tab itself, so it makes sense to stay on that tab.
However, "Up" does not have anything to do with the history of the tab. It is a "normal" move in the file system's folder structure. Therefore, it should not be an exception.
But Up/Down are relative to the current position and therefore also relative to the current tab. Having them switch to a new tab feels wrong to me. So I would include them in the exceptions.

autocart

Post by autocart »

admin wrote: 28 Oct 2021 15:17 But Up/Down are relative to the current position and therefore also relative to the current tab. Having them switch to a new tab feels wrong to me. So I would include them in the exceptions.
Well, how did "reuse existing tabs" start to work? I assume that it was meant to reuse existing tabs when double clicking on a folder in the file list?
That would also be a move relative to the current position. "Up" is nothing else than double clicking on the parent folder "\..".
(I am not aware that a Down button exists?)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Still feels wrong to me.

There is a down button in the breadcrumb bar.