xyplorer hangs when android phone is connected

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Wheathead

xyplorer hangs when android phone is connected

Post by Wheathead »

XYplorer got cranky when I plugged the USB cord into the laptop connecting my Samsung android phone. The XYplorer hanged until I disconnected the phone, making it difficult, if not possible to copy photos to my laptop. I'll have to explore this more when I have more time, just couldn't get the application to function when the phone was plugged in, but I noticed it would immediately restore functionality when I disconnected.

File Explorer worked fine, both recognizing and transferring the files accurately. Not sure what was happening with XYplorer though.

Wheathead

Re: xyplorer hangs when android phone is connected

Post by Wheathead »

I'm going to put a hold on my concern for this, as I just plugged my phone in with the USB and XYplorer worked perfectly, the phone cards showed up in the MY PC and the list of photos listed out perfectly, I dragged and dropped two photos elsewhere, and no problems.

Not sure what was going on previously that was causing the error unless it was saving the shortcut of the phone's folder from Windows File Explorer as a Catalog item (which I subsequently deleted.).

So unexpectedly it all worked as designed and no fault on behalf of XYplorer. I'll post again if something shows up in error or hangs. But for new it's all good.