Locking the tree causes "zombie" root node tab on startup with path argument.

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Evolve

Locking the tree causes "zombie" root node tab on startup with path argument.

Post by Evolve »

Tree unlocked:
"XYplorer.exe" - works fine
"XYplorer.exe C:\" - works fine

Tree locked:
"XYplorer.exe" - works fine
"XYplorer.exe C:\" - zombie root node tab that's always there as first tab and the actual path I pass is second tab.

highend

Re: Locking the tree causes "zombie" root node tab on startup with path argument.

Post by highend »

Can you at least provide the version number you're using and in this case two screenshots, one for both scenarios?

I can't see any difference when trying this with a fresh v22.30.0101 instance with unlocked / locked tree...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Re: Locking the tree causes "zombie" root node tab on startup with path argument.

Post by admin »

Might be related or not, but looking into this I found a bug (and fixed it):

Code: Select all

! Configuration | General | Startup & Exit | Open command line start path in 
      new tab: The unticked state was not completely honored. Fixed. Now when 
      unticked the current tab is overwritten by the command line start path 
      unless the tab is locked.

Evolve

Post by Evolve »

DdCCK3UUK1.gif
DdCCK3UUK1.gif (554.31 KiB) Viewed 1152 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So by "zombie" you mean "new". :)

Should be fixed in next beta.

Evolve

Post by Evolve »

:veryconfused: What I thought to be a bug was actually an option I didn't even know existed which was itself bugged. Not the unticked state wasn't working correctly as you mentioned, but the ticked one cause that's what I had. Still bugged in v…102 btw (same different behavior with locked/unlocked tree). I'm not sure what exactly was "fixed" but if I'm right this time, the next step should be to "unfix" it and fix the real bug. :mrgreen:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Still bugged? :? Works fine here. What exactly is not working as expected?

Evolve

Post by Evolve »

It still works for me like on the .gif above.
"Open command line start path in new tab" if ticked doesn't work with the unlocked tree.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So you WANT a new tab and your tree is UNLOCKED? That's the opposite from your first post. But anyway, it works fine here. :|

Evolve

Post by Evolve »

Currently I don't want anything. :) The behavior I wanted was available from the very beginning through unticking the option I didn’t know existed.
If what you see on the .gif is not a bug, then let it be as it is.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's not a bug if Configuration | General | Startup & Exit | Open command line start path in new tab is ticked.

Evolve

Post by Evolve »

Thank you anyway! Sorry for wasting your time...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A fixed bug is never a waste of time. :)

Evolve

Post by Evolve »

Sorry for bringing it up again. Please tell me what I'm missing. The whole point of "Open command line start path in new tab" is to prevent overriding of current tab if the app is running. But if it isn't running, there is no current tab and nothing to override. So if I provide a path, I want this path as first tab. Why do I get "This PC" as first tab instead? And even more importantly, why does this behavior only occur after locking the tree?

Evolve

Post by Evolve »

PS. The only way current tab exists when the app is not running is if this is ticked:

Code: Select all

Include most-recently-used lists on save [Startup & Exit - Save Settings]
But if the app is not running and the option is unticked, it doesn't make sense to create another tab. First tab IS the new tab already. Unlocked tree knows that and works perfectly fine. The bug must be the missing check of this option on startup for the locked tree case.