Possible Delete Bug (In certain situations)

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Vocalpoint

Possible Delete Bug (In certain situations)

Post by Vocalpoint »

With the last few updates - have noticed an odd situation when deleting a folder that contains several files.

In my case - if I have a folder that is sitting in say - Downloads (on the left tree) and that folder has say - 10 or 15 or 20 files in it - and I highlight the folder and hit Delete - Windows immediately displays it's typical "calculating files for delete" type dialog where it sits there - oddly doing something - and XY simply freezes - to a point where I need to hit ESC to halt the delete and to get XY to get some focus back.

Does not matter where the folder sits or how many files are in it. Happens everytime.

Oddly - if I hit Cancel and get XY squared up again - and then highlight the same folder again and hit Delete again - the delete is instant and all is well.

If I do the above in Windows File Explorer - there is no delay, no weird "calculating" dialog and the files are instantly deleted.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Cheers

VP

admin
Site Admin

Re: Possible Delete Bug (In certain situations)

Post by admin »

I remember things like this happening in earlier Windows versions when the Recycle Bin was very full.

Nothing in this area has been changed in XY recently so I doubt XY is causing it. You could try an older version to verify this: https://www.xyplorer.com/freezer.php