Can't delete files when C drive is full (XYplorer is located on another drive)

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
1024mb

Can't delete files when C drive is full (XYplorer is located on another drive)

Post by 1024mb »

I'm using a portable instance of XYplorer located on an X drive and whenever the C drive is full and I try to delete a file located in that C drive the operation gets queued and it stays in "Loading" forever, I don't have an option to skip the job either. I have set XYcopy to create logs and of course the logs are created in the X drive so I don't understand why trying to delete a file in a drive where XYplorer's data is not stored would make the job hang like that, that is if the logs have anything to do with this problem.
The only way of emptying the queue is closing XYplorer.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't delete files when C drive is full (XYplorer is located on another drive)

Post by admin »

Drive C is full ... doesn't sound good to me. If this is the system drive then it can likely cause all kinds of problems.

Anyway:
- is this delete to recycler, or permanent?
- what if you delete the file in the foreground?

1024mb

Re: Can't delete files when C drive is full (XYplorer is located on another drive)

Post by 1024mb »

admin wrote: 20 Aug 2021 09:38 Drive C is full ... doesn't sound good to me. If this is the system drive then it can likely cause all kinds of problems.

Anyway:
- is this delete to recycler, or permanent?
- what if you delete the file in the foreground?
Yeah, sometimes my C drive gets full for some time as rclone still doesn't delete the cache files.

- Is permanent, using Shift + Del
- When I'm deleting the file there is no job in the queue (queue is empty) but it gets queued anyway. Next time I will try to disable background processing before deleting a file.

1024mb

Post by 1024mb »

I've tried disabling background processing and now I could delete the file without problems, I also tried sending it to the recycle bin without problems.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I cannot explain why this issue is happening in the background (it's really weird), but if you normally use background processing you can exclude delete operations from it here:
Configuration | File Operations | File Operations | Background Processing | Apply to...
That should solve it or you.