Bug in "Type Stats and Filter"

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
rhoelzl

Bug in "Type Stats and Filter"

Post by rhoelzl »

Let's say I have two folders.
FolderA contains NEF files.
FolderB contains CR3 and JPG files.

When I am in FolderB and use the "Type Stats and Filter" dropdown button to filter for CR3 files, and then I switch to FolderA, and click the button again, it does not offer the option of selecting NEF. It only displays "Show All" and "No Files Listed", as if the folder were empty.

jupe

Re: Bug in "Type Stats and Filter"

Post by jupe »

Disable:

Configuration | Find and Filter | Filters & Type Ahead Find | Visual Filters | Persist visual filters across folders

rhoelzl

Post by rhoelzl »

I believe you misunderstood my post.

It's not about the filter persisting (which I actually want) but about the file types that exist in the new folder not showing up in the dropdown menu.

jupe

Post by jupe »

I believe you are misunderstanding the TSaF button, if you enter an already filtered folder, then only those extensions visible will be in the dropdown, because XY doesn't know about the other files yet (to increase location change speed), of course this is avoidable by disabling the setting I previously mentioned. So this isn't a bug, but maybe a feature change request. FYI if the developer decides not to make this change, the way you want the button to work could be scripted if its something you want to put some effort into achieving.

rhoelzl

Post by rhoelzl »

I do indeed not seem to understand something. Here is my logic:

Files can only have one extension. Extensions are mutually exclusive. Thus, when I click the TSaF button the second time, it must be because I want to see another file type that I currently do not see. Therefore, the button should always display all file types that are present in the open folder, in particular the ones that are currently not displayed.

If this is not a bug report, but a feature change request, so be it. :wink:

jupe

Post by jupe »

You aren't clicking the button a second time, according to your original post, you are changing to a pre-filtered folder, and clicking it for the first time in that folder, even if you return back to the original folder you have again entered a pre-filtered folder because you have chosen to persist VF across folder changes, anyway we'll wait and see what the dev thinks.

rhoelzl

Post by rhoelzl »

Maybe TSaF and VF should be two independent features.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Works as intended. It's just like jupe explained it.

rhoelzl

Post by rhoelzl »

jupe wrote: 09 Aug 2021 23:02 I believe you are misunderstanding the "Type Stats" button, if you enter an already filtered folder, then only those extensions visible will be in the dropdown, because XY doesn't know about the other files yet (to increase location change speed), of course this is avoidable by disabling the setting I previously mentioned. So this isn't a bug, but maybe a feature change request. FYI if the developer decides not to make this change, the way you want the button to work could be scripted if its something you want to put some effort into achieving.
Do you have any pointers on how I would approach this? Such as, what events to react to, and what action to trigger as reaction, etc.

Thank you very much!