XY64ctxmenu.exe - Could not close the previous instance of this script. Keep waiting?

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Tony

XY64ctxmenu.exe - Could not close the previous instance of this script. Keep waiting?

Post by Tony »

I get this message sometimes: Could not close the previous instance of this script. Keep waiting? Yes No

I know I can kill the process. However, why does this message come up every 2 seconds if I choose Yes. It's too often. Is there a setting to make the message not come up that often? Choose the waiting period or not display the message at all and I can kill the process if I don't want to wait anymore

Also if this process is stuck for too long, does or can XYPlorer kill the process itself?

admin
Site Admin

Re: XY64ctxmenu.exe - Could not close the previous instance of this script. Keep waiting?

Post by admin »

I assume you are using the latest version of XYplorer?

XY64ctxmenu.exe is supposed to remain in memory (after being started once) until the main app closes. Then it is removed from memory. Works flawlessly here.

Do you see any reproducible pattern with your issue? Certain context menu commands you use, or so?

Tony

Re: XY64ctxmenu.exe - Could not close the previous instance of this script. Keep waiting?

Post by Tony »

I am using 21.30.

I can't reproduce it but I come across this issue once in a while. The frequency of how often the message appears when I tell it to wait is annoying. Give me more time to wait.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I cannot do anything about it when I cannot reproduce it. :|

Tony

Post by Tony »

You can make the message not show up that quickly. You don't have to be able to reproduce the root cause to do that.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, I have to understand what's going on.

Marx

Post by Marx »

I met the same problem when I used right-click context menu.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the current version?
Sometimes or always?

Tony

Post by Tony »

I went with another file manager then I went from Windows 10 and Windows 11. I got tired of this annoying behavior.

My guess is that with some computers, the file explorer shell extensions get too many, entangled, or something and this becomes an issue with XYplorer. I have deleted some shell extensions thinking it might reduce the issue.

The annoying issue is that the dialog pops up every 2 seconds asking you if you want to wait. Yes or no? If you choose Yes, it pops up again in 2 seconds.
I want to tell it yes I will wait for however long it takes. Take your time. Just stop popping this message all the time. But NO. You have to keep clicking on the damn dialog every 2 seconds.
The developer is using a third party tool which also controls the wait time it seems. This basically means this issue can't be fixed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The "Could not close the previous instance of this script. Keep waiting?" comes from AHK. I don't know if there is a way to suppress it (but I would think so). Maybe some AHK connoisseur has an idea.

highend

Post by highend »

Easiest way: Run it with the hwnd of XY as an additional arg and add simple code that checks if that hwnd still exists and if not, exit it.

Or patch the AutoHotkey.cpp file (line 218 ff (for v1)) and recompile it :D
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you are talking to me: I don't speak AHK. :whistle:

highend

Post by highend »

Try this first: If you have a line SetWinDelay, -1, replace the -1 with 0
Recompile it and let Tony test the next beta version...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No such line.

highend

Post by highend »

Send me the code