[SOLVED] Problem with rclone mounted network drive

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
1024mb

[SOLVED] Problem with rclone mounted network drive

Post by 1024mb »

This is not a bug report because I don't know if it is a bug, it may be my setup or something but it may also be a bug.

I've mounted a remote using rclone to a network drive and the moment I mount the drive and open a new tab in XYplorer to show me all the drives it hangs for a while, then it shows the network drive as disconnected (which is not a big deal but just mentioning it) and when I try to access the drive it hangs again, now is like that and has been for several minutes, in another instance the same happens but at least this instance does access the drive/folders though still it hangs for a while before accessing.
I know it's not a problem with rclone or the network drive because M$' file manager can access the network drive fast, it behaves like a normal drive (in speed showing the list of files/directories I mean) so I don't know why it is like this in XYplorer.

In one instance I have the boxes:
  • Assume servers are online - ticked
  • Cache server - unticked
And in the other:
  • Assume servers are online - unticked
  • Cache server - ticked
And as I said, both behave the same. I've tried ticking both boxes and the problem persists.

This is what M$ shows:

This is what XYplorer (both instances) shows:

Settings are:
  • File info tips aren't enabled on network locations.
  • Generic icons are enabled for network locations.
  • Icon overlays are disabled for network locations.
Any help?
Last edited by 1024mb on 29 May 2021 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

1024mb

Re: Problem with rclone mounted network drive

Post by 1024mb »

Ok, I tried with a clean profile and in this instance the browsing is smooth so it must be a configuration on both instances I'm using.

Is there something I should be looking at? Please, point me in the right direction. I've tried searching for something in the configuration but I don't see anything that could make network drives/shares behave so slow, I must be missing something.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Have you tried the tips in Ctrl+Help/Various Information which lists common culprits for slow performance and might give you some hints.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

1024mb

Post by 1024mb »

RalphM wrote: 28 May 2021 04:05 Have you tried the tips in Ctrl+Help/Various Information which lists common culprits for slow performance and might give you some hints.
Thanks for the help, I have this:

Code: Select all

1) A 'Yes' might slow down file operations and browsing:
  AutoRefresh: Yes
    Network: No
    Removables: Yes
    During File Ops: Yes
    SHChangeNotify: Yes
  Get Folder Sizes: No
  Support volume labels in paths: No
  Check Existence of Subfolders in Tree: Yes
  Autosize Columns: Yes
  Icon Overlays: Yes

2) The bigger (more), the slower:
  Tags: tag.dat has 327.20 KB (2417 tagged items)
  Color Filters: Yes (160 active filters)
  Custom File Icons: Yes (0 active icons)
  Icon Cache Count: 124
  Tree Remember State: Yes
    MiniTreePaths: 33 paths
    MaxiTreePaths: 1 paths

3) A 'Yes' will speed up browsing:
  Generic Icons: Yes
    Generic Icons Network Only: Yes
    Generic Icons For All Controls: Yes

4) A 'Yes' might slow down selecting an item:
  File Info Tips: Yes
  File Info Tips Custom: Yes
  File Info Tips Extra: Yes

5) A 'Yes' might speed up startup:
  Cache network servers: Yes
  Servers: servers.dat has 2 servers
  No network browsing on startup: Yes
  Fast network enumeration: Yes (on some systems a Yes makes it slower!)
  Pre-check availability of servers: Yes (on some systems a Yes makes it slower!)

6) A 'Yes' might slow down startup:
  Cache folder sizes: No
  Reconnect mapped network drives on startup: No

7) Column Layout: Name,Ext,Size,Type,Modified,Created,Accessed,Label
I don't see any config that may slowdown showing all the drives (I'm not talking about browsing said drives but showing the My Computer view where it lists all the drives) and also for Network locations almost everything is disabled so browsing the drive shouldn't be different from other drives aswell, I've tried changing the column layout too to only the first five but the result was the same. Maybe these two are the culprits?

Code: Select all

Fast network enumeration: Yes (on some systems a Yes makes it slower!)
  Pre-check availability of servers: Yes (on some systems a Yes makes it slower!)

1024mb

Post by 1024mb »

Yes, those were the culprits. I disabled them directly in the config file because I didn't see an option for them on the config.

I don't know if only one of them is the culprit or both as I disabled both at the same time. Thanks for the help again.

Edit: Btw the drive keeps showing as disconnected, I don't know if that has anything to do with XYplorer itself but as I said M$' Explorer does show it as connected.