Preview problems

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
zakoul

Re: Preview problems

Post by zakoul »

Developer XYplorer could contact the developers of NVidia and at least try to solve this problem.
When launching the second instance of XYplorer, the video preview starts working. On the first attempt, some kind of error occurs, and on the second attempt, the preview works, maybe you can come up with something from this.

zakoul

Post by zakoul »

Everything, fucked up, will the author again dismiss this topic and refer everything to Nvidia, or will he not appear here?

zakoul

Post by zakoul »

RalphM wrote: 09 Jun 2021 02:48 I (still) don't get why you expect the XY developer to solve a problem that you clearly describe as having been introduced by a NVIDIA driver update?
Я незнаю, как там у Вас там положено, но если разработчик создал программу и решил продавать за деньги, тем более с последующей поддержкой, то это пиздец как будет сложно отмазаться от того что прога в дальнейшем вдруг начала вести сетя неправильно. Для этого и есть разработчик данной программы, чтобы решать все дальнейшие конфликты его ПО.
Ясно объяснил?
P.S. Когда я покупал XY, предпросмотр видео работал замечательно. Но позже, он перестал работать.
Чья тут вина, NVidia или XY - мне не очень то и важна.
Важно, что при покупке XY предпросмотр видео работал, а то что после какого то времеми он перестал работать - моей вины нет.

cadu

Post by cadu »

Just sharing information about how to preview MP4 and other formats like MKV, MTS, and MOV within XYplorer.
I just formatted my computer and performed a Windows 10 clean install.
Although I could see thumbnails for MP4, MKV, MTS, and MOV, these formats couldn't be previewed by XYplorer out of the box.
Further codecs needed to be installed, as already discussed in some threads in this forum.
There are many bloated codec packs, which generally include, among other stuff, the LAVFilters.
Actually, installing directly just the LAVFilters (default options) is enough to preview the mentioned video formats in XYplorer.
LAVFilters is a open-source project, available in Github: https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases