Detected resolution of webp image files is incorrect

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Gutspiller

Detected resolution of webp image files is incorrect

Post by Gutspiller »

In version 21.70, when you change the setting to show the image resolution on thumbnails. When viewing a folder full of webp images, the resolutions on most images were were wrong. I also noticed that the thumbnail generation on webp images was extremely slow, but perhaps that's just part of the compression, as they are a highly compressed format. The folder I was viewing the thumbnails from were of large dimensions, 4K type size, and they were instead being reported as 900x377. So the problem may not exist with smaller images.

Tried to attach a sample webp to this thread, and your forum doesn't even accept webp, so plenty of problems to go around.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Detected resolution of webp image files is incorrect

Post by admin »

Works fine here. Please wrap such a WEBP in a ZIP and attach it to a post here.

jupe

Post by jupe »

I can confirm this, HoverBox dimensions are correct though, image dimensions on thumbnail are wrong,
not always though, some webp images are ok (depending on thumbnail size chosen).

Attached image for me shows different dimensions on the thumbnail depending on the thumbnail
size chosen within XY :veryconfused: , all of which are wrong for the 3 thumbnails sizes.
Attachments
WebP.7z
(37.44 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Indeed! Wow, this probably never worked. Fix comes.