Display Scale Factor Issues

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
tim11g

Display Scale Factor Issues

Post by tim11g »

XYplorer 21.60.01 on Windows 10 (edit - just installed .60, and I see the same behavior)

I have a 15" notebook with a 4K screen. When docked at my desk my primary monitor is a 40" monitor also 4K resolution.
For proper display of sizes between the monitors, the scale of the large primary monitor is 100%, and the scale of the internal screen is 200%.

Most applications will re-size and re-scale if they are dragged from monitor to monitor. (some with glitching as they make the transition)

I find XY has difficulty in this function. I undocked and re-started the computer without the large monitor.
Many apps (Word, OneNote, Firefox, etc) immediately displayed with the proper scale factor.
XY did not re-size, and everything was very tiny.
I exited XY and re-started it. The left tree and two file panes scaled properly, but the toolbar did not - the icon's are half their normal size.

I tried the Jump to Setting feature in Configuration and searched for Scale, but nothing was found Are there other approaches for causing XY to fully adopt the current display's scale factor?
XYplorer 24.90 on Windows 10

admin
Site Admin

Re: Display Scale Factor Issues

Post by admin »

The best I can offer is (for Win10):
- right-click XYplorer.exe
- turn on "Override high dpi scaling" and set to "System Enhanced"

Background info:
- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22374
- viewtopic.php?p=166437#p166437