HTML to video file in Floating Preview

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
jupe

HTML to video file in Floating Preview

Post by jupe »

I just noticed that if I load the floating preview with a IE previewed file like a html/mhtml etc. selected and then click on a video file next which would usually show a static screenshot of the video, instead the previous IE html preview still shows in a small video dimensions sized frame in the middle of the window, no video screenshot. Repro steps:
  • Select html
  • Press F11
  • Select mp4
  • result: originally selected html file resizes to video dimensions but no mp4 static preview
  • any subsequent video file selected keeps original html preview visible, only internal frame dimensions change to selected mp4's
This may be platform specific, or something IDK, but repeatable in fresh for me, if floating preview is started in opposite direction with mp4 selected before opening FP window, all functionality is normal.

admin
Site Admin

Re: HTML to video file in Floating Preview

Post by admin »

Strange, but I cannot reproduce it here (Win8.1). I don't see how it could be platform-specific, but you never know. Will test later...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I checked that now on Win10 but still could not reproduce it. :?

jupe

Post by jupe »

Strange, it is 100% repeatable for me. If you are definitely opening the FP with the HTML file selected first not just switching between the 2 filetypes with the FP already open, then I guess it is an issue that only I encounter, anyway no worries it will never affect me and I noticed it by accident.

Something I didn't mention earlier though is that if I try and resize the window I catch glimses of the video screenshot underneath, I made a gif to demonstrate what I am seeing, but anyway I wouldn't waste much time on tracking it down, I just assumed it would be a widespread issue when I reported it.

FP.gif
FP.gif (2.52 MiB) Viewed 449 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ha, now I see it! MKV made the difference. I had just tested MP4 and MPG. Okay, tomorrow more...

jupe

Post by jupe »

For me, all those filetypes you mentioned are affected, it was just chance I used MKV in the GIF, although it is what I meant by platform specific, I thought something external to XY might influence it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Should be fixed in next beta.