Bug selecting deleting and recovering multiple files restores incorrect files

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Snazhound

Bug selecting deleting and recovering multiple files restores incorrect files

Post by Snazhound »

I am working on audio and video files and I create two snapshot files for folder backgrounds, “Cover.jpg” and “Folder.jpg, sometimes I have deleted these files after thinking I was cutting and pasting to different folders while copying and pasting to the original older, and I off course get new files in the folder “Cover - Copy.jpg” and “Folder – Copy.jpg”, when I press Control-Z to undo the incorrect copy and paste, I end up with “Cover.jpg” and “Folder - Copy.jpg” versus the expected “Cover.jpg” and Folder.jpg”. Individually is fine, once I have multiple file operations, then this bug rears its ugly head. I suspect that you use common objects for list operations, so I think that this might be relevant for other operations. The file name, extension and association are not factors in this problem in my experience.

When copying for example “FILE #1.EXT”, “FILE #2.EXT” …. “FILE #n.EXT” to the same folder it creates as expected’ “FILE #1 - Copy.EXT”, “FILE #2 - Copy.EXT”, “FILE #3 - Copy.EXT …. “FILE #n.EXT” copies. Doing an undo with the standard Control-Z or from the menu results in the ORIGINAL files “FILE #1.EXT”, “FILE #2.EXT” …. “FILE #n.EXT” being DELETED and leaving all the “FILE #1 - Copy.EXT”, “FILE #2 - Copy.EXT” …. “FILE #n - Copy.EXT”. I have tested this with up to 64 files. The FILENAME, EXTENSION and FILE ASSOCIATION have no impact on this bug. I have no idea how far back this bug goes in the various builds, but I have noticed this occurring for a few years and never really understood that it was an actual bug.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Bug selecting deleting and recovering multiple files restores incorrect files

Post by admin »

Thanks for the report! I could indeed reproduce it after turning off Custom Copy (Configuration | File Operations | File Operations | Custom Copy Operations | Use Custom Copy). Going to fix... :twisted:

admin
Site Admin

Re: Bug selecting deleting and recovering multiple files restores incorrect files

Post by admin »

Fixed! Great bug, thanks! :tup: