rename b, ... flag 8 renames as if conflict when target value is the same as current value

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Dustydog

rename b, ... flag 8 renames as if conflict when target value is the same as current value

Post by Dustydog »

rename b, "JustASingleFile.jpg", , , 8; //Flag 8 = increment on conflict

This will rename a single file from "JustASingleFile.jpg" to "JustASingleFile-01.jpg".

I would expect a single selected file rename to not be identified as a conflict to increment - even if one is attempting to rename it to its original value; just as I would expect multiple files to not rename the first selected item, but to start adding an increment to subsequent, would-be-duplicated, renaming selections - even if the first item is being assigned its starting value.

In other words, my expected behavior would be to have the result consistent regardless of the starting and target value.

admin
Site Admin

Re: rename b, ... flag 8 renames as if conflict when target value is the same as current value

Post by admin »

Works differently here:

JustASingleFile.jpg -> JustASingleFile.jpg.jpg -> JustASingleFile.jpg-01.jpg -> JustASingleFile.jpg.jpg -> etc. eternally

This looks weird! Not what I would expect to happen. Since the extension is left untouched by this syntax, it should just do this and then stay at "JustASingleFile.jpg.jpg":

JustASingleFile.jpg -> JustASingleFile.jpg.jpg

Okay?