Adaptive name column width setting inconsistent

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
booboonate

Adaptive name column width setting inconsistent

Post by booboonate »

It works sometimes, doesn't work other times, not sure what the culprit is.

Set XYPlorer window to roughly half the screen and have Dual Pane enabled. Have the Name and Date Modified columns shown only and have both fit to screen (no scrollbar at bottom). Save that column layout to the default Folder View. Maximize XYPlorer window, Name column gets wider in both panes (no scrollbar at bottom), un-maximize, everything shrinks to the way it was before (still no scrollbar at bottom), great! Disable Dual Pane, Name column gets wider, great! Re-enable Dual Pane. Restart XYPlorer, repeat same actions, still works, great!! BUT, disable Dual Pane before closing XYPlorer and upon re-opening, Name would be as narrow as if Dual Pane were enabled (even though it's not), and there's a huge wasted space to the right of Date Modified.

Same thing happens if you do the above but reverse when Dual Pane is enabled and disabled, except instead of wasted space on the right, you get a scrollbar at the bottom and have to scroll to see Date Modified.

Super frustrating, as I have to fiddle around with column widths constantly as a result. I just want to never have the scrollbar at the bottom no matter what size the XYPlorer window is (to a reasonable extent of course). And I want that to be achieved by the Name column being resized. It seemed like the "Adaptive name column width" setting did exactly that, but the inconsistent behavior (be it by design or due to a bug) kinda ruins the whole thing.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Adaptive name column width setting inconsistent

Post by admin »

I followed your steps exactly and tried several times in all possible sequences, but I could not reproduce the problem. :?

Can you give another way to make it happen?