quicksearch doesn't work as it should

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
LittleBiG

quicksearch doesn't work as it should

Post by LittleBiG »

I have found this in the help ?!s*;p* /b /flat the help file states: "Run a filtered branch view excluding any branches starting with s* OR with p*." Nope, it doesn't work that way.

Also, the ?*.txt or ("week1" and attr:d) or ("week2" and attr:d) lists folders not only week1 or week2. By rephrasing it to ?*.txt or ((week1 or week2) and attr:d) works. XY assumes Week2 is an attr: instead of name: in the example.

admin
Site Admin

Re: quicksearch doesn't work as it should

Post by admin »

1) Needs 2 things:
- Tick Configuration | Find and Filter | Find Files & Branch View | Find Files | Enable extended pattern matching
- Tweak FindAllowMasterInvert=1

Since it only works with a tweak I will remove it from help, or change it to a syntax that works independently of the tweak: ?!(s* OR p*) /b /flat

2) That's by design AFAIK: the selector (attr) is inherited from left to right.

jupe

Post by jupe »

I am just recycling this topic since the title seems suitable.

Should it be possible to use an age/date query with a label/tag query using the normal syntax? because I can't seem to get this to work, and I assume I have the syntax correct, I tried it various ways but a simplified version of my original query is like this:

:lbl:Orange AND ageM: < 6 m

both terms work when used individually, the age/date queries work when combined with things like name: but otherwise there seems to be issues. I did eventually get my search working using this style query: :prop:#Label:Orange AND ageM: < 6 m but I wouldn't have thought that syntax should be necessary.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

100% confirmed. Equally baffled. Investigation in progress...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fixed. AFAIK this bug has always (or at least since 20120313) been there! Good find! :tup: