Default Tab being ignored when in locked home tab

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Jerry

Default Tab being ignored when in locked home tab

Post by Jerry »

[Using 20.90.0916]

I have a tab with the home zone set and locked. To the left of this tab, I have a tab set to Default. When I'm currently in the locked home zone tab and navigate to a path outside of the home zone (and not under it) using say, the Favorite Folders menu, I go to the path but remain inappropriately in the locked home zone. The past behavior for this was to put you into the Default tab for any paths you go to that are not in the locked home zone or in any other locked home zone tab.

Has this functionality changed or is this a bug?

Jerry
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Default Tab being ignored when in locked home tab

Post by admin »

It sure sounds like a bug, but I cannot repro it here. :?

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

admin wrote: 31 Aug 2020 09:53 It sure sounds like a bug, but I cannot repro it here. :?
Ok, I wasn't able to reproduce it either using /fresh. I recall way back adding a tweak you provided that controlled something about the order of lookup in situations like this. I thinking that tweak may still be in my configuration and is now causing this problem after related tab changes you recently made.

Do you recall what the name of that tweak was?
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nope. Also checked the code, don't see any way how that could happen. :?

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

admin wrote: 31 Aug 2020 14:04 Nope. Also checked the code, don't see any way how that could happen. :?
Oy, found the problem. Oversight on my part. The tab had the home zone set, but somehow it became unlocked. I use the middle-mouse button to go to the home zone and so I thought things were all still set since this is a tab I've been using for a long time.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can see when it's locked: there is a dotted line on the tab header.