Weird Rename Search & Replace issue

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Skettalee

Weird Rename Search & Replace issue

Post by Skettalee »

I have been using the search and replace often and id always be able to do a phrase like "SS_SG_/" to remove on files

SS_SG_##_other_stuff_geasy.wav

and it removes it and results in

##_other_stuff_geasy.wav

but now I cant seem to make it not remove every other character based on any characters I have typed resulting in

##othertuffeay.wav

everytime. This has to be something wrong correct? It has me having to revert back to using "Advanced Renamer" program which removes just phrases and doesn't remove everything of anything i type to remove.

highend

Re: Weird Rename Search & Replace issue

Post by highend »

but now I cant seem to make it not remove every other character based on any characters I have typed resulting in

##othertuffeay.wav
?

What exactly did you type into the string field or "Search and Replace Strings" to create
##othertuffeay.wav
out of
SS_SG_##_other_stuff_geasy.wav
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

I had typed "SS_SG_/"

Yeah it is very weird, i have sense already renamed all the files I needed to rename at this time and I just went back to try to replicate the issue and im not able to recreate that weird bug in renaming but Im sure ill be batch renaming more soon so we shall see

highend

Post by highend »

Create a screenshot of the first part, where you've entered the search/replace term and a second one, after clicking on the "Preview..." button.

Can't reproduce this...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal