Branch View

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Jhemp01

Branch View

Post by Jhemp01 »

Hello,

As I'm using the Branch View quite often on an external drive, I have to complain that XY often rescans the whole direction when I start XY, a change like a filter is being executed or simply want all my files(7000+) in random order.It also happens several times in the same instance. I'm on v 20.90.0500 now, but prior versions did the same already.

Greetings

admin
Site Admin

Re: Branch View

Post by admin »

It is what it is. Not a bug.

But here's a tip: You could replace your Branch View by a search-for-all (pattern: *) and then cache the search results.
Configuration | Find and Filter | Find Files & Branch View | Find Files | Cache search results

Jhemp01

Post by Jhemp01 »

admin wrote: 24 Jun 2020 08:34 It is what it is. Not a bug.

But here's a tip: You could replace your Branch View by a search-for-all (pattern: *) and then cache the search results.
Configuration | Find and Filter | Find Files & Branch View | Find Files | Cache search results
Hello,

I do not succeed with your explanation. What I was trying to explain was if there is a function like "Plain view" in FreeCommander, which returns all files and/or folders immediately in your folder or drive without scanning first?

Greetings

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not sure what you mean. You cannot return files/folders without scanning the directories first.

Jhemp01

Post by Jhemp01 »

XYPlorer needs up to 2 min in my case. FreeCommander as I mentioned 1-2 seconds. XYPlorer was able to achieve that once, but not anymore :(

highend

Post by highend »

1. My XY needs ~1 second for 10.000 files -> XYplorer is most probably not excluded in your Antivirus software...
2. Why don't you use a paperfolder for this?
Branch view and flat view aren't the same anyway^^

A single line script for e.g. files: paperfolder("Plain view", quicksearch("/f", , , "s"));
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Jhemp01

Post by Jhemp01 »

Ok, today I did a reset of XYPlorer, (deleted the XYplorer.ini file), and bam, it's been working like it is supposed to be!
I will now observe how long it will stay that way.
Thanks for the other advices.